Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Update: Cobra Corral at the Mitty Road Atlanta April 27-29, 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Update: Cobra Corral at the Mitty Road Atlanta April 27-29, 2018

It’s that time of the year for anyone to begin planning to go to The Mitty at Road Atlanta. The dates are April 27-29, 2018. The featured marque this year will be Nissan. It’s a brand that was there back in the day, dominated motorsports through the ’80s, and is a staple of today’s scene.

Where:
    Road Atlanta
    5300 Winder Hwy
    Braselton, GA 30517

GET YOUR CAR CLUB TO THE MITTY
    There will be a "Car Corrals of the World" where they will be reserving areas for car clubs. The Classic Motorsports Mitty is the perfect weekend to plan a fun getaway, with lots of automotive-centric events and camping allowed throughout the infield. Free parade laps will be given away for all car clubs in attendance.

Classic Motorsports has this on their website: https://www.themitty.com/news/

Update 3/21/2018
    Miles Wilson provided this update:
    At this stage, things are business as usual and you should be able to easily find a spot in the Car Corrals of the World in our American Cars section. Parade laps will be available and signup is at the Classic Motorsports tent on vendor’s row, the same as in years past!

See you at the track.

Gary
    Last edited by Cobra4GC; 03-21-2018 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Update 3/21/2018

Average Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gary,

I'm sorry that I won't be able to attend the Mitty this year. Hope y'all have a great time! If you have a chance to hear John Morton (Grand Marshal) speak, you will enjoy it. He always looks so serious but has a wicked sense of humor. He was the guest speaker at the London Cobra Show last year and he was great!

Garry
    I sure miss my coupe!

F5R1004503SP 2004 Challenge Car, 331 Stroker

Coupe # 031, 422" Windsor stroker by Southern Automotive (Dash autographed by Peter Brock)***SOLD***
    Unique 427 Roadster, 482" Aluminum FE by Southern Automotive***SOLD***

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobra4GC View Post
    It’s that time of the year for anyone to begin planning to go to The Mitty at Road Atlanta. The dates are April 27-29, 2018. The featured marque this year will be Nissan. It’s a brand that was there back in the day, dominated motorsports through the ’80s, and is a staple of today’s scene.

Where:
    Road Atlanta
    5300 Winder Hwy
    Braselton, GA 30517

GET YOUR CAR CLUB TO THE MITTY
    There will be a "Car Corrals of the World" where they will be reserving areas for car clubs. The Classic Motorsports Mitty is the perfect weekend to plan a fun getaway, with lots of automotive-centric events and camping allowed throughout the infield. Free parade laps will be given away for all car clubs in attendance.

Classic Motorsports has this on their website: https://www.themitty.com/news/

Update 3/21/2018
    Miles Wilson provided this update:
    At this stage, things are business as usual and you should be able to easily find a spot in the Car Corrals of the World in our American Cars section. Parade laps will be available and signup is at the Classic Motorsports tent on vendor’s row, the same as in years past!

See you at the track.

Gary
    4/5/2018: Update from Rick Goolsby at GrassRootsMotorsports
    Rick encourages everyone to order tickets online at http://WWW.HSRTICKETS.COM and use the code "NissanMitty2018" to receive a $5 discount on each ticket. You will also get free parking for the car corral. I attached an image of where you need to park as it is a different location than past years and is located just across the bridge to the infield and on the Left in the "USA" parking lot. Don't forget to go by the Classic Motorsports/Grassroots Motorsports tent and sign up for the parade laps.

2018 Mitty Parking.JPG

See you at the track.
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Bopp View Post
    Gary,

I'm sorry that I won't be able to attend the Mitty this year. Hope y'all have a great time! If you have a chance to hear John Morton (Grand Marshal) speak, you will enjoy it. He always looks so serious but has a wicked sense of humor. He was the guest speaker at the London Cobra Show last year and he was great!

Garry
    Sorry we are going to miss you. I am actually making the trek down this year.
    2012 NASA-SE FFR Champion
    2011 NASA-SE FFR Champion
    Race page - http://www.mh-motorsports.com/race.shtml
    Team Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/pages/MH-Mot...s/264814350042

Average Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Marty,

Sorry that I will miss seeing you. I still remember that wild thunderstorm at Road Atlanta when I last saw you!

Garry
    I sure miss my coupe!

F5R1004503SP 2004 Challenge Car, 331 Stroker

Coupe # 031, 422" Windsor stroker by Southern Automotive (Dash autographed by Peter Brock)***SOLD***
    Unique 427 Roadster, 482" Aluminum FE by Southern Automotive***SOLD***

Post Thanks / Like
    2018 Mitty Parking.JPG

See you at the track.
    Gary[/QUOTE]

Tomorrow is the big day for all Cobras and Coupes to join us at The Mitty. Go by the Classic Motorsports/Grassroots Motorsports tent and sign up for the parade laps. Looking forward to seeing everyone

Be safe!

Gary