BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hello from Missouri

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from Missouri

I've been on the forums for a few weeks, but I've not posted here. Ordered my complete MKIV in February and I am hoping to have it delivered before the end of April. My first project was a 67 Mustang convertible. This time I wanted to work with new and rust-free parts.

I'm finding that waiting is hard. Maybe I'm learning patience for when I'm in the process of building. Maybe I won't make any rash mistakes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey! from a few miles south of Missouri.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Where at in Missouri? We have a great club in St. Louis and another great one in KC. Lots of FFRs, information, and always eager to help you spend your money!
    Gateway Cobra Club meets on the second Tuesday of each month. Let me know if you are interested.

What are your build plans?
    F5R #7446: MK4, 302, T5 midshift, 3.55 Posi IRS, 17" Halibrands
    Delivered 4/4/11, First start 9/29/12, Licensed 4/24/13, off to PAINT 2/15/14!! Wahoo!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi John, That is the first thing I noticed when I started my build, I worked all day in my garage and my hands weren't covered with grease. Welcome and enjoy.
    JR
    Mk4 complete kit #9059 ordered 1/19/17 delivered 3/23/17, 2015 IRS, Fortes/DART347,TKO 600, hyd clutch, P/S, 12.88 wilwood brakes front and rear, heater/defrost and vintage gauges
    First start and go-cart 4/11/18. Taken To Whitby Motorcars Greensboro, N.C. 2/5/21 for body/paint

Post Thanks / Like
    i'm in Springfield. I not able to travel much from Springfield--family keeps me close.

I've ordered the roadster complete kit. I plan to use the Blueprint 306 carbureted with headers and black side pipes. At this point the finished car will be a dark grey with slightly lighter grey stripes (maybe lighter grey with slightly darker stripe) and using 15" wheels. Along with the black pipes I've order the powder coated roll bars for passenger and driver. I've ordered the wind wings, visors, padded dash and wipers. I am using leather seats.

That's as far as I've come. I'm sure that there will be other things as I go along. That's why I asked about the hydraulic clutch.

Post Thanks / Like
    You're in a good place for the annual Gateway Cobra Club event held in Harrison AR in the fall. They are great group of people.

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Welcome Aboard & Welcome To The Factory Five Family!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kpeterson View Post
    You're in a good place for the annual Gateway Cobra Club event held in Harrison AR in the fall. They are great group of people.
    Do you know the dates yet?

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't see it on their website but I think 2017's event was announced in July. I had a chance to ride along with a friend last year. It is a real motivator to have a car running in time for their visit in 2018 (assuming they come back).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Gateway Cobra Club usually does our Fall Cruise in late October (date tbd, but will finalize soon).
    This year we're staying a little further South (Hot Springs I believe) to hit some roads we haven't run before,
    You can check our website for details.
    Gateway Cobra Club
    F5R #7446: MK4, 302, T5 midshift, 3.55 Posi IRS, 17" Halibrands
    Delivered 4/4/11, First start 9/29/12, Licensed 4/24/13, off to PAINT 2/15/14!! Wahoo!

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    UPS delivered my Moser axle today. Steward is supposed to pick up my car this Friday. The waiting is almost over.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome ! Congrats on ordering you car. The wait will soon be over. Roger

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John T View Post
    UPS delivered my Moser axle today. Steward is supposed to pick up my car this Friday. The waiting is almost over.
    Stewart didn't pick the car up that Friday. It on the truck today. It's been a long three weeks. Not sure when it gets to Springfield, but it shouldn't be too long now.

Post Thanks / Like
    The anticipation must be killing you at this point. So, are they about three weeks behind? I am trying to figure out when I can expect mine. The completion date was scheduled for 5/19 and I am also getting it shipped with Stewart. So far, nobody has let me know it will be delayed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Clover View Post
    The anticipation must be killing you at this point. So, are they about three weeks behind? I am trying to figure out when I can expect mine. The completion date was scheduled for 5/19 and I am also getting it shipped with Stewart. So far, nobody has let me know it will be delayed.
    First the storms out east caused delays, and then they had some issues with illness with their drivers. So, they were about three weeks behind my original ship date. The winter sale at FF5 put a few more cars on the schedule as well. I believe that they are catching up now.

Post Thanks / Like

John T

Quote Originally Posted by John T View Post
    First the storms out east caused delays, and then they had some issues with illness with their drivers. So, they were about three weeks behind my original ship date. The winter sale at FF5 put a few more cars on the schedule as well. I believe that they are catching up now.
    John, My name is Bruce Lanza and IU am located in Springfield, Mo also. Just starting an MK IV. Call me 417 827 1371.