Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 7404 Finally Graduates

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by doddmoore View Post
    I keep coming back to that trunk. So nice. What a great job.
    Thank you!

Chris
    Generation 3 Type 65 Daytona Coupe Complete Kit #151885 received May 6, 2022. Gen 3 Coyote, IRS, Tremec TKX, American Powertrain hydraulic throwout bearing & Wilwood brakes.

MK4 Basic Kit #7404, 347 EFI - Pro M Racing ECM, 30# injectors, 70 mm throttle body, 80 mm MAF, Edelbrock Performer aluminum heads & RPM II intake, all new G-Force T5, 3:55 gears, Pro 5.0 shifter, 3-link, carbon fiber dash/custom Speedhut gauges and paint by Da Bat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nicely done. Enjoy!
    JRL16
    Mk4 delivered 4/28/16. First start 10/15/16. First gocart 11/10/16. Engine Factory 427W. 750 carb. Tremec TKO600. 2015 IRS. Power steering. Whitby power brakes. Wilwood brakes. 18" wheels. Falken tires. Sway bars front and rear. Forte hydraulic clutch and mechanical throttle linkage. Scott's Hot Rods triple reservoir. Ceramic coated headers. Gas’n sidepipes. Heated seats. Herb Fraser walnut door panels. Wipers. Console.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice!
    Started dreaming of a Cobra around 1987
    Purchased Complete Kit 6/9/2017, Delivered 9/4/2017, Rolling Chassis 3/30/2018, Engine Dyno'ed 3/4/2022, Engine installed 8/27/2022
    Click here for my build thread
    Serial #9158
    Design Engineer at BluePrint Engines

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! Amazing job!
    MK4 Complete Kit #9311 - Coyote, TKO600, IRS
    Ordered: 1/23/18 | Production Complete: 3/6/18 | Delivery: 3/30/18
    Build thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Dang, that is nice. Hope to see it in the PNW!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow. That is awesome. Impressive. That paint job is great. Love the color.
    FFR MK4 Complete Kit #8952
    Build Thread
    Bodywork Thread
    3 Link Rear Suspension, Gordon Levy 347 SBF with T5
    First start Feb 20, 2017, First Go Kart March 5, 2017, Registered & Title April 25, 2017

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know....that's a lot of car for a guy with such small hands.....lolololololololoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo!

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats and your car looks awesome!! The color you picked look bad *** too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by j.miller View Post
    I don't know....that's a lot of car for a guy with such small hands.....lolololololololoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo!
    If only the gang knew the messaging banter we had on paint day and how lucky I am not to have her painted pink. All I know is that my postal route lady worker still will not make eye contact after how you addressed that letter to me with parts in it...it was a rather popular AC DC song though...

Chris
    Generation 3 Type 65 Daytona Coupe Complete Kit #151885 received May 6, 2022. Gen 3 Coyote, IRS, Tremec TKX, American Powertrain hydraulic throwout bearing & Wilwood brakes.

MK4 Basic Kit #7404, 347 EFI - Pro M Racing ECM, 30# injectors, 70 mm throttle body, 80 mm MAF, Edelbrock Performer aluminum heads & RPM II intake, all new G-Force T5, 3:55 gears, Pro 5.0 shifter, 3-link, carbon fiber dash/custom Speedhut gauges and paint by Da Bat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Chris-

What a terrific job!! She looks amazing! I really like all the small details that add so much to the car. I won't cover each of them, as many already have, but they all work together very nicely!

I would like to know more about that tablet; what software, how it gets the data, and what you used to make it work with the car, etc. If you would rather PM with me about the details, I would be happy to do that.

Congratulations again on a fantastic car!! Feel free to post some more pics too!

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you using the heat shrink hose clamps? How do you like them? I have always disliked the look of worm drive clamps but use do to the lack of options. What is the coolant overflow bottle and where did you source that?
    #8869 Delivered 5/11/2016 Traditional donor build using 1994 Mustang

Post Thanks / Like
    That really looks great! As many others have said, the little personalization details make the car.

Those are always my favorite part of any build. We all start out about the same yet each car finishes different.
    FFR #8833 289 FIA 3-link
    1965 289, TKO600 from Forte's Parts Connection
    Body and Paint by Mike's Auto Restoration
    Picked up 3/5/2016, First start 4/22/2017, MA legal 7/11/2018
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...FIA-build-8833
    "Insanity is contagious" - Joseph Heller

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jstanding View Post
    Are you using the heat shrink hose clamps? How do you like them? I have always disliked the look of worm drive clamps but use do to the lack of options. What is the coolant overflow bottle and where did you source that?
    Yes, the Gates shrinking clamps working fantastic and gives it a clean look. I sourced them from Summit Racing and they have a working clamping range to choose from. I discovered them by mistake, after I mounted my shroud to close to get a clamp around the top radiator neck. It was my work around and I wished that I used them on all my fittings. Never had them leak, but have had the traditional C-clamps drip...

The overflow tank is from Breeze #70552.

Chris
    Last edited by cgundermann; 04-03-2018 at 06:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cnutting View Post
    That really looks great! As many others have said, the little personalization details make the car.

Those are always my favorite part of any build. We all start out about the same yet each car finishes different.
    Thanks, I had a theme in mind and it’s me. I honestly didn’t expect the many “likes”, since it is non-traditional and unique. But it’s mine until I pass and goes to my kids and they will know it was their Dad’s taste/style. That’s what I love about everyone’s builds. It reflects their personalities & interests.

Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WIS89 View Post
    Chris-

What a terrific job!! She looks amazing! I really like all the small details that add so much to the car. I won't cover each of them, as many already have, but they all work together very nicely!

I would like to know more about that tablet; what software, how it gets the data, and what you used to make it work with the car, etc. If you would rather PM with me about the details, I would be happy to do that.

Congratulations again on a fantastic car!! Feel free to post some more pics too!

Regards,

Steve
    PM sent Steve.

Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats man! Been following you for a long time. Can wait to see what you do on a chassis dyno.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAviator View Post
    Congrats man! Been following you for a long time. Can wait to see what you do on a chassis dyno.
    Thanks Bud!

Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Simply stunning, and I am sure more so in person.
    Can't wait to go for a cruise together.

Maybe we could do a meet half way when you are ready, just let me know how far north you are ready to go. Or I'll just cruise all the way down early one day!
    Cheers!
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats! Beautiful build! Inspiring me for my next build!

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great man! I'm sure you are a proud father!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I love everything you did with this. Special!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotorcraft View Post
    Simply stunning, and I am sure more so in person.
    Can't wait to go for a cruise together.

Maybe we could do a meet half way when you are ready, just let me know how far north you are ready to go. Or I'll just cruise all the way down early one day!
    Cheers!
    Jeff
    Sounds like a plan bud!

Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys, appreciate the kind words.

Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Chris,

Awesome !!!! Pretty sexy looking "Medusa" - isn't she the one with nine heads and would turn you to stone with her glance? Looking forward to many treks across the Pacific NorthWET with you, Jim and Paul. I will get mine down to Jeff for paint and will then be another step closer to that reality.

See you soon,

Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RXBill View Post
    Chris,

Awesome !!!! Pretty sexy looking "Medusa" - isn't she the one with nine heads and would turn you to stone with her glance? Looking forward to many treks across the Pacific NorthWET with you, Jim and Paul. I will get mine down to Jeff for paint and will then be another step closer to that reality.

See you soon,

Bill
    Sounds good Bill & thank you. Hopefully visit with you next week. Yup, that’s the Greek legend of her...

Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice Chris!
    One of the last Mark II's, FFR complete date 5/8/04, delivery date 5/23/04, donor-'93 Mustang GT. Yes, that is me in my Avatar. Paint done by Da Bat! It looks killer! Drive it like you stole it...

Post Thanks / Like
    Got her licensed & insured early this week. Yesterday was the only day that had dry roads in the Pacific Northwest. Was literally watching the roads dry and finally at 11:30 AM, took her for her maiden voyage. Drove her all afternoon and all I can say is WOW. Worth all the work/time. Ran like a dream and felt like a superhero driving it!

Chris
    Last edited by cgundermann; 04-07-2018 at 06:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    nice work! That's because a super hero is driving it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations Chris!!! I love the color combo. Can’t wait to see it in person. Maybe we can get together with Jim once back from Huntington Beach Cruise in.
    MKIV #9122 Ordered kit 5/24/17 received kit 8/11/17 MK4 Base kit +,First Start 4/7/18, First Go-Cart 4/22/18, In gelcoat, licensed and driving 8/11/18. Coyote gen2, T-56, 2015 IRS 3.31, 17" Halibrand replicas w/Nitto NT555 G2, Withby Motorcars power brake kit W/Wilwood pedals, 04 Cobra front brakes, 15 Mustang rear brakes with mods, power steering. Paint Jeff Miller Da Bat, Lexus Spectra Blue Mica W/Toyota Silver Sky Metallic strips. Build thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...Paul2STL-Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul2STL View Post
    Congratulations Chris!!! I love the color combo. Can’t wait to see it in person. Maybe we can get together with Jim once back from Huntington Beach Cruise in.
    Sounds like a plan Paul!

Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Chris came for a visit today as the sun was finally shining for a change. Took me for a ride and his car is fantastic. Here is a few pics and I'll try to get a video up tomorrow. Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images
    20th Anniversary MK4 Roadster, #8752, 18 of 20, Delivered 12/03/15, 1st Start 01/28/2017, off to paint 4/13/2017, Forte 351w/ Holley EFI, Forte throttle linkage, TKO 600/Forte Hyd. Clutch, UniSteer Electra Steering, RT's turn Signals, many Breeze parts, Paint by the Jeff Miller. Finished on 10/08/2017. 500 mile inspection on 10/21/2017, 3000 mile inspection on 1/14/19.

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome pics Chris and Jim! Great to see them both together and congrats Chris on the recent registration and first real drive. It never gets old!

Did you guys know each other before starting this project?
    I gotta say one of the unexpected results of this project has been all the great Cobra buddies I have made. Factory Five community sure is awesome!
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wareaglescott View Post
    Awesome pics Chris and Jim! Great to see them both together and congrats Chris on the recent registration and first real drive. It never gets old!

Did you guys know each other before starting this project?
    I gotta say one of the unexpected results of this project has been all the great Cobra buddies I have made. Factory Five community sure is awesome!
    Nope, I noticed from the Forum that he was nearby, now we are brothers from another mother...

Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Lol
    20th Anniversary MK4 Roadster, #8752, 18 of 20, Delivered 12/03/15, 1st Start 01/28/2017, off to paint 4/13/2017, Forte 351w/ Holley EFI, Forte throttle linkage, TKO 600/Forte Hyd. Clutch, UniSteer Electra Steering, RT's turn Signals, many Breeze parts, Paint by the Jeff Miller. Finished on 10/08/2017. 500 mile inspection on 10/21/2017, 3000 mile inspection on 1/14/19.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Here is the video from yesterday. Thanks Chris. https://youtu.be/CgRatPi-RV0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Jim - great video!

Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice video you guys. Makes me a little jealous, looks like I will have to get the body on for the summer and run in gelcoat. Chris love the matching gauge color to the accent body color.
    MKIV #9122 Ordered kit 5/24/17 received kit 8/11/17 MK4 Base kit +,First Start 4/7/18, First Go-Cart 4/22/18, In gelcoat, licensed and driving 8/11/18. Coyote gen2, T-56, 2015 IRS 3.31, 17" Halibrand replicas w/Nitto NT555 G2, Withby Motorcars power brake kit W/Wilwood pedals, 04 Cobra front brakes, 15 Mustang rear brakes with mods, power steering. Paint Jeff Miller Da Bat, Lexus Spectra Blue Mica W/Toyota Silver Sky Metallic strips. Build thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...Paul2STL-Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Paul.

Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Great video. Looks and sounds amazing!
    Man I love that dash and gauges!!!
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12