Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: frame CAD?

Post Thanks / Like

frame CAD?

does anyone have the 818S chassis on cad with all the dimesions? IE tube lenghts? I have a project I am working on for my 818S but I think it will be better to build a new frame with all the mods while I can still drive my 818 and once the frame is done just transfer everything over.

I was just going to draw up and measure all my tubes but its hard with the car fully assembled.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Also if someone has weighed the bare chassis and has a weight of it too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    CAD drawings of the chassis are proprietary to FFR and they don't give out that info. You can call and ask but I'm pretty sure that's the answer you will get.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I modelled the side roll cage area of my 818R so I could modify it. I know that doesn't help you at all, but I can at least say that while modeling it yourself will be time-consuming, it's really not an insurmountable task if you are proficient with your software. I would guess FFR engineered the frame with manufacturing speed being the primary concern - very few bends, lots of square joints - so it's pretty easy to measure

Post Thanks / Like
    think thats what I am gonna do is measure what I have and put it in photos of the frame, I am not looking for a real detailed cad more of the base measurements of the main chassis, behind the fire wall will be different and so will the front are where the battery goes as I will need to put a fuel tank in there. all the suspension stuff will pretty much stay the same just re doing the rear area for the motor and trans. I need all the room I can get.

thanks guys

maybe if someone has good pics of there frame from different angles I can get just measure mine and write them in on the pic,

thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    the best bet for pics of the frame I'd say are from the gallery section of the FFR website.

https://www.factoryfive.com/galleries/818/818s-frame/
    Last edited by flynntuna; 04-02-2018 at 11:21 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    FFR won't give you anything. I tried. Even said I would sign documents saying I was only using the portion of a body panel to use as a reference and wouldn't share. After their lawsuit by Shelby they got really tight lidded about things.

That said.... EV West made their own CAD model of the entire frame. They might be willing to sell it.

http://www.evwest.com/catalog/produc...roducts_id=233
    Zero Decibel Motorsports
    Check out my new website!
    www.zerodecibelmotorsports.com
    www.facebook.com/zero.decibel.motorsports

Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty sure sssly I think was his name posted cad stuff up on here and it got pulled down quick. He was in Omaha but moved idk how his 818 is doing but I think he 3D scanned the car.

I feel like us 818 guys are the rebels of the FFR community at this point lol..
    Last edited by redfogo; 04-02-2018 at 04:27 PM.