BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: A/C Tube Routing

Post Thanks / Like

A/C Tube Routing

Hey Guys,

I'm working on mocking up the tubes for the AC on my GTM and wondered if anyone has any photos showing their routing. I have done some searching and found mention of ensuring to not just cut a huge hole in the top of the foot box area. I like the idea of the pvc tubes and individual cut holes for the ducting. The floor ducts coming out of the back of the Vintage Air unit will be pretty interesting, not to mention it says just pick a spot for them to flow into the foot box area.

I'm trying to look further ahead in the build to make sure I not missing anything. Plus, I'm about up to Video 32 or 33 of fastthings build videos and it doesn't look like he addressed this yet. I'm enjoying the videos, but just can't sit down and finish then all off to see how he handles this aspect. I'm also keeping a little running list of what each video is so I can go back later and revisit them.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, it won't let me load any photos here and photobucket got greedy, so I guess I'm out of luck on that front... I just emailed some pics to you.

The pass side floor vent we install below the AC unit. The driver's side one we put up by the throttle pedal. I also sent a layout of the holes we cut for the vent hoses up thru the aluminum panel.
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC View Post
    Well, it won't let me load any photos here and photobucket got greedy, so I guess I'm out of luck on that front... I just emailed some pics to you.

The pass side floor vent we install below the AC unit. The driver's side one we put up by the throttle pedal. I also sent a layout of the holes we cut for the vent hoses up thru the aluminum panel.
    You are the man Shane!!!! What duct are you using for these openings?

Here's a follow up that may save me another post. I am working on laying out the AC lines and see that I don't have the following bolts:

AC Compressor to Motor Bolts
    AC Lines to Back of Compressor Bolt
    AC Line to Condensor Bolt
    Possible AC Line to Accumulator Bolt (If the unit i ordered doesn't come with them)

Is there an easy place to find these to order?

Post Thanks / Like
    Sending another email with photo of the floor ducts....they usually come with the AC kit from FFR.

For the bolts, I would call your local GM dealer and tell them what you need and they should be able to hook you up.....I can't imagine that most of that any of the compressor-to-mount bolts would be very easy to find....one is actually a stud and I'm guessing they're probably GM specific...so you might as well just get all of them from GM while you're at it. In my experience, bolts like that are normally pretty reasonably priced thru them.
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC View Post
    Sending another email with photo of the floor ducts....they usually come with the AC kit from FFR.

For the bolts, I would call your local GM dealer and tell them what you need and they should be able to hook you up.....I can't imagine that most of that any of the compressor-to-mount bolts would be very easy to find....one is actually a stud and I'm guessing they're probably GM specific...so you might as well just get all of them from GM while you're at it. In my experience, bolts like that are normally pretty reasonably priced thru them.
    Excellent, thank you Sir!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Shane was nice enough to provide me a pick of the floor ducts he uses. I can't seem to locate these, or any others, in my kit.

Anyone know where these are located?

Post Thanks / Like
    shoeless,

can you post those pics shane sent you?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll throw the other one up tonight when I get home. This darn work thing keeps getting in the way LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    As promised, here are the additional photos that Shane shared with me. They show the two floor openings for the floor duct and the hole cutout patter for the aluminum piece.

If anyone is having issues with photobucket, shift over to Imgur.com its totally free and not blocked at all.

If I don't find these ducts that are supposed to be in the kit I am likely going to go with another set of defrost ducts from VA and then put there machined aluminum cover plate. Its exactly the same as the cheesy plastic one that comes with the kit, but machined aluminum and looks a ton better.

Here is a link to VA defrost duct page showing the machined aluminum ones.

https://www.vintageair.com/additiona...efrost%20Ducts