Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Running boards

Post Thanks / Like

Running boards

OK, what have anyone done to the running boards to keep them looking good? Mine are going to be yellow and well use them.

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't fabbed the parts yet, but I plan to cut 3/4" wide strips 4' long from 1/4" thick HDPE sheet stock. The running boards will then be sandwiched between these strips and the 3/4" square steel tubes supporting the boards from below.

If that doesn't work to keep the running boards looking good, plan B is to adapt stock solid rubber mats from one of the aftermarket antique Ford parts suppliers.

Keith
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    May want to try having a clear vinyl wrap installed in those areas.
    33' Hot Rod Coupe/Roadster (GEN 1), Fendered, Ford 302, 350hp, EFI, AOD, 4-Link, Double Adjustable Koni Coilovers, Split Rear Exhaust, Electric Power Steering, AC/Heat/Defrost, Moser 8.8"-3.55, Willwood Front/Rear Brakes, 18" x 8" Fronts/20" x 10" Rears, Ordered: 1.26.17, Arrived: 3.29.17, First Start: 7.2.18, Go Cart: 11.4.18 Paint/Body: 2.23.19, Back Home: 11.24.19, Completed: NEVER!; View More Pics @ https://starmobileone.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by progmgr1 View Post
    I haven't fabbed the parts yet, but I plan to cut 3/4" wide strips 4' long from 1/4" thick HDPE sheet stock. The running boards will then be sandwiched between these strips and the 3/4" square steel tubes supporting the boards from below.

If that doesn't work to keep the running boards looking good, plan B is to adapt stock solid rubber mats from one of the aftermarket antique Ford parts suppliers.

Keith
    Keith,
    Where did you get the kit for the running boards? I was going to make my own but, these look like store bought. info please.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea been thinking about the rubber over. I would like yellow, but with paint or or clear i see no way to keep looking good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeman View Post
    Keith,
    Where did you get the kit for the running boards? I was going to make my own but, these look like store bought. info please.

Bob
    I bought the FFR fender + running board package with the kit (50/50 sale), but then wanted something a little different and bought front fenders and running boards from a non-supporting vendor. PM me if you need a referral.

Quote Originally Posted by 1932 View Post
    Yea been thinking about the rubber over. I would like yellow, but with paint or or clear i see no way to keep looking good.
    IIRC, the HDPE sheets are available in a variety of colors including yellow, if you want to go that way. You will probably have to go to a marine supply place to find it though - McMaster Carr only carries it in black or gray.

Keith