Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Recommendations of good body work folks

Post Thanks / Like

Recommendations of good body work folks

Hey Guys,

I haven't been here on the forums in a long while. My Mk 3.1 custom 4.6 modular cobra build hit a number of obstacles along the way.

For those that don’t recall, this was the car we bought from someone who wanted every available option and custom feature imaginable. They spent a ton of money, made crazy mods, and purchased a lot of custom and hi-perf parts and features. Sadly, they didn't know what they were doing and didn't have the skills necessary to pull it off. Much of the build was badly screwed up and the car spent a few years in an outdoor enclosure.

By the time we got it, it needed a full tear down and restoration instead of a build. I knew I was in over my head, so I hired performance shop in CT that claimed they knew what they were doing on FFR’s. It quickly became evident that they did not. They did do a very good job off screwing us over and by the time I was able to get my car out of there, they went out of business.

I brought the car, which was a giant mess, to Mike Everson. I can tell you this was the best decision ever made and wish I knew Mike from the start. He's been extremely gracious with us, and worked hard with me to get the car cleaned up and back together properly. Although we ran into multiple technical difficulties with this custom build, but he finally turned it into a clean and strong runner. He’s been the biggest saving grace on this project and I will gladly recommend him highly to anyone!

Now I need help with the body work, painting and details. I need someone competent and fair to work with us and help us in finishing this build. I’m looking for folks that may be in the NY, MA, CT, and PA areas. If anyone knows of good folks that you can recommend I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Alex

Post Thanks / Like
    My car is finishing up at Mike's restoration in Dudley Mass. Very happy with their work. Scheduled to pick it up next weekend.

Chris
    FFR #8833 289 FIA 3-link
    1965 289, TKO600 from Forte's Parts Connection
    Body and Paint by Mike's Auto Restoration
    Picked up 3/5/2016, First start 4/22/2017, MA legal 7/11/2018
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...FIA-build-8833
    "Insanity is contagious" - Joseph Heller

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Chris,

Looks beautiful! Is this "Mike's Auto Restoration & Collision Services"? If you don't mind me asking, what did the body work run you? I'm trying to get an idea as to what I'm in for at this stage.

Thanks,
    Alex

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, that's the place. Give Peter a call and talk to him about what you want done. He quoted me over the phone.
    FFR #8833 289 FIA 3-link
    1965 289, TKO600 from Forte's Parts Connection
    Body and Paint by Mike's Auto Restoration
    Picked up 3/5/2016, First start 4/22/2017, MA legal 7/11/2018
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...FIA-build-8833
    "Insanity is contagious" - Joseph Heller

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Guys, any other recommendations?