Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Having Trouble Forte rear end and upper arm mounts

Post Thanks / Like

Having Trouble Forte rear end and upper arm mounts

Help! Ran into my first snag on my new build. Ordered a rear end from Mike Forte, tried to mount the two parts of the upper arm mount they do not seem to be even close to the right diameter nor does the stabilizer bar seem to hit the pumpkin near the mounting hole. Tried to muscle the two halves with longer bolts and impact wrench and looked to be stressing welds. Any suggestions?? Also diff cover does not fit the diff very well in spots but covered the gasket.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Take a peek at this recent thread...

https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...t-on-axle-tube
    ---Boyd---
    MkIV #9042 build thread
    www.boss427.us
    427W, TKO600, Moser 3.55 rear.
    Delivered Feb 2017, Graduated Nov 4, 2019

Future Mk4 builder/owner
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Does the other half go on to the tube?
    Also what's the distance that it's not going on. The gap between the bracket and the tube?

Try grinding off the weld splatter and take off some of the powder coating. Also, check out breezes website. He has a section called tech help. It explains how to attach the bracket.

Finally, DONT NOT TRY TO PULL THE BRACKET TOGETHER WITH BOLTS, if it's that tight. I have heard that some have ripped the bolt hole tubes off the welds of the brackets.

Either way, when done, have it welded to the axle for extra strength. Just a suggestion.... And recommended by others too.

Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Not to detract from the advice that has been provided in this and the referenced thread, but I thought I'd share a picture of the 3-Link axle I ordered from FFR. The banana bracket came welded to the axle tube, but notice that the clamp isn't there. If you plan to weld the bracket, perhaps you could make life a bit easier and remove the clamp from the bracket first.

Dave
    Last edited by Papa; 04-13-2018 at 08:42 AM.
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

Forte's Parts Connection
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    I've been offering to weld these on if I get the bracket sent to m to install.
    I wish I had the the bracket 1st so it shipped ready to install.
    I'm sorry for the problem.
    Mike Forte: Forte's Parts Connection / Framingham, Mass. 01702 / 508 875 0016 / [email protected] / fortesparts.com / Facebook Instagram: @fortespartconnection Est: 1981 dealing performance parts to build your dream car. A REAL SPEED SHOP with parts, price & knowledge. Developer of the early Ford & FE Tremec and Mustang firewall adjustable quadrant kits, external slave clutch release conversions & cable release conversions. Tremec Elite, FORD RACING & QUICKTIME DISTRIBUTOR!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ended up destroying back half of clamp trying to force on with bolts. Welded banana bracket on like I should have done to begin with.