Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Breakfast and Cruise April 29, 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Breakfast and Cruise April 29, 2018

Let's continue the traditions guys and gals (4 or 5 years running now). We'll get together @ Maniac-Mikes Cafe http://www.maniac-mikes.com/ the morning after the Huntington Beach Cruise in. We meet for breakfast at 8am and following breakfast we'll head up into the San Gabriel Mountains for a nice cruise through the canyon. This cruise commonly takes us a little more than an hour and we generally stop at a few look-out spots for picture so bring your camera. We usually end up at the 210 FWY in Azusa around noon. Hope to see you all again this year.
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    Frank,

I think John Tongish beat you to it this year . . . he's trying to put together a cruise to Hells Kitchen for Sunday . . .

Doc
    FFR3712K (MKII) in Lost Wages Nevada.
    5.0 w/tubular GT-40 EFI, E303 cam, Custom 4 into 4 headers, T5, 3-Link 3.73 rear. Full F5 tubular suspension. Drop Butt mod, Dash forward mod, custom foot box air vents, custom turn signal system. 13" PBR brakes, Fiero E-Brake mod, Flaming River 18:1 rack w/ F5 bump steer kit on Breeze bushings. 17" Chrome Cobra "R's" w/ 275 fronts and 315 rears. MKIV seats. FORD Royal Blue w/ Arctic White stripes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Blocker View Post
    Frank,

I think John Tongish beat you to it this year . . . he's trying to put together a cruise to Hells Kitchen for Sunday . . .

Doc
    It's not a contest. We have done this for the past few years. If people show up great! If not..............That's OK too.
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Oh S!!!! I FORGOT!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Huntington Beach is just a week away. Looks like we have a competing event cruise, the day after (Sunday), which is fine. While the "old folks" are struggling to maintain the speed limit down South we will be having a much more "spirited" outing in the San Gabriel Forest. Breakfast is @ 8am, see you then.
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote: "struggling to maintain the speed limit" . . . now that 's funny. It's SoCal, more like trying to get within 30 mph of the speed limit . . . Just kidding Frank. We have always enjoyed your breakfast/ cruise events in the past. My Vegas group is tossing coins as we speak about what to do Sunday.

See Ya at the BBQ.

Doc
    FFR3712K (MKII) in Lost Wages Nevada.
    5.0 w/tubular GT-40 EFI, E303 cam, Custom 4 into 4 headers, T5, 3-Link 3.73 rear. Full F5 tubular suspension. Drop Butt mod, Dash forward mod, custom foot box air vents, custom turn signal system. 13" PBR brakes, Fiero E-Brake mod, Flaming River 18:1 rack w/ F5 bump steer kit on Breeze bushings. 17" Chrome Cobra "R's" w/ 275 fronts and 315 rears. MKIV seats. FORD Royal Blue w/ Arctic White stripes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks to be a great breakfast and cruise. I've spoken with a number of builders/owners over the last week and think we should have 5-6 cars on the cruise. As always, the i.e.427 shop will be open after the breakfast and cruise to allow you all to see what we're working on in the shop afterwards. See you all this weekend, possibly multiple times, and remember to drive safe.

Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Just looking at the information on this cruise on Sunday and trying to decide between the two cruises available and looked up maniac Mike’s diner and it says they are closed until futher notice because of a fire on April 20th.
    20th Anniversary MK4 Roadster, #8752, 18 of 20, Delivered 12/03/15, 1st Start 01/28/2017, off to paint 4/13/2017, Forte 351w/ Holley EFI, Forte throttle linkage, TKO 600/Forte Hyd. Clutch, UniSteer Electra Steering, RT's turn Signals, many Breeze parts, Paint by the Jeff Miller. Finished on 10/08/2017. 500 mile inspection on 10/21/2017, 3000 mile inspection on 1/14/19.

Post Thanks / Like
    I want to share an update with you all that is two fold. First, due to a fire at the restaurant, we will be changing our plans for tomorrow. We will still meet at Maniac Mike's tomorrow. It will be a rally point since this is last minute and was beyond our control. On April 20, the restaurant had a fire, after hours, and will be closed until further notice. We have all had some great memories there and we will have to find a new (hopefully temporary) home for our "every other month" breakfast get togethers. Second and far more saddening is I have to tell all of you that Mike (the owner of Maniac Mike's) lost his battle with ALS April 15th. We wish Mike God's speed and send well wishes to his family. Many of you, over the past years, have met Mike. He LOVED having us for breakfast with all of our cars parked in the lot. He was a great supporter of the hobby. We will gather @ Maniac Mike's at 8 am tomorrow, pause for a moment of silence in honor of Mike and then most likely run down the street to have a bite at one of the other local restaurants.From there we will take off on our cruise. Sorry for this being last minute. Julie and I were just at Maniac Mike's a week or so ago and this comes as devastating news.
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are a few pictures from the breakfast cruise on Sunday. We met up at Maniac Mike's to survey the damage sustained from the fire. All in all it didn't look that bad. We had a moment of silence in remembrance of Mike and then proceeded down the street to Rabi's Diner. This will be our temporary spot until Maniac Mike's is re-opened. After breakfast we headed into the foothills. A bit overcast as we headed up.

Our first stop at the "Look-Out".
    20180429_094806 by i.e.427, on Flickr

A bit overcast but you can see down in the valley the road we will eventually be driving.
    20180429_094755 by i.e.427, on Flickr

Our last stop near the dam. All the cars lined up.
    20180429_103708 by i.e.427, on Flickr

What a great cruise! And even with the last minute venue change, we had about the perfect size group. We had very few bicyclist to deal with and we were able to keep a very brisk pace even with the wet conditions. Thank you all for coming out!
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thank you Frank, fun times with you guys on some aggressive roads. Not home yet so I can’t edit my videos. Not sure of the Facebook group either. Put a link up or send me a Pm so I know which one it is. Jim
    20th Anniversary MK4 Roadster, #8752, 18 of 20, Delivered 12/03/15, 1st Start 01/28/2017, off to paint 4/13/2017, Forte 351w/ Holley EFI, Forte throttle linkage, TKO 600/Forte Hyd. Clutch, UniSteer Electra Steering, RT's turn Signals, many Breeze parts, Paint by the Jeff Miller. Finished on 10/08/2017. 500 mile inspection on 10/21/2017, 3000 mile inspection on 1/14/19.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like a fun time.

Really sad to hear about Mike and the restaurant. One tragedy after another. I hope the family is holding up.
    Mike............

FFR2100 - 331 with KB supercharger - T5 - 5 link rear 3.08's and T2 Torsen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RR20AC View Post
    Not sure of the Facebook group either. Put a link up. Jim
    Link to the Factory 5 Family page.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/2516...?ref=bookmarks
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    It was a Very Spirited drive !!! Loved it !!! It was over way too soon. Thanks for taking the lead on the Apex Adventure....
    Pressing the thin pedal on the right is more fun than I ever imagined !!!!
    MK 3.1 IRS, 392, TKO 600, Manual Brakes & Steering, Pin Drive 17"
    Thanks to Paul for all his help !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello everyone

I know this an old post but wanted to see if the cobras are still meeting up here? would love to tag along with my cobra..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ERICL View Post
    Hello everyone

I know this an old post but wanted to see if the cobras are still meeting up here?
    We are Eric, we meet up every other month. We've kind of changed things up a bit. Maniac Mike's has re-opened but the inside dining area has fewer seats than it even previously had. Rather than waiting for inside seating in the winter months, we have moved our Fall/Winter breakfast meeting place to the Farmer Boys https://www.farmerboys.com/upland-foothill-blvd/ in Upland. Spring/Summer will continue to be at Maniac Mike's http://www.maniac-mikes.com/ at Cable Airport. Our next meet up will be the first or second Saturday of February
    Frank