Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hello

Post Thanks / Like

Hello

Hello everyone.

My name is Sigurd, a Norwegian.

I just paid deposit for a Type 65 with all the bells and whistles, power steering, AC, Wilwood, IRS, etc for mid-June delivery.

I have a house in Merritt Island, Fl and I am going to build the car there. This is one of the reasons I got a complete kit, I have a limited time each year in Florida and will use the time for building, not chasing more parts than needed.
    This creates a logistics problem however, I am not able to receive any potential back order pars from vendors when I am not there.

Well, I am looking forward to the build, hoping to start in early July. Build complete date: sometime in the distant future.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Congratulations and welcome to the FFR family. In regards to your logistical parts problem, I have a friend with the same issue. He is in the middle of his build and when his backordered parts where ready to ship he had them shipped to me to keep until he returned. You might find one of our family close to you.
    Good luck and congratulations again.
    MK4 delivered 2/24/2017. Complete kit #9023,IRS, Power Steering, Leather, heater, 17" wheels, sway bar ft & rr, tremec 600 and Gordon Levy Racing SBF 427. First start and go kart 8/19/2017. Graduated 1/15/2018
    MK4 #9230 complete kit delivered 1/27/2018. IRS, PS, leather, Tremic 600, SBF 427. Graduation 10/15/2018
    MK3 #5253 donor bought unfinished. SBF 331, T5 Trans.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome! I winter near you about every year. I hope to one day see your car cruising . Roger

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Sigurd and congratulations. I ordered my Type 65 Complete kit with pretty much all the same things which should be completed at FFR on May 19th. I will be doing an build log on here and will note what parts where backordered when my kit comes.

Are you going to be shipping the car back to Norway? I think that would be really cool to see your Type 65 Coupe driving around there now. I keep reading about your energy system and electric cars. Electric cars can be a lot of fun and I think they will be the future, so it is interesting to watch what is happening in Europe. Still, there is something special about thundering V8s and I think there will always be those who go out and enjoy a drive for the experience.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will not take the car to Norway. Most likely it will not be approved for road use by the Norwegian DMW. The cost for registration will also be outrageous.

However, I could apply for a Norwegian DYI license and build one. There is an approx. USD 2,000 application fee. The DMW comes for inspections during the build and the car will be approved for road use. The only additional cost is the 25 % VAT. Perhaps my next build.

When I was at FF ordering mine, they had just made a sale of a Roadster to Norway.

Electric cars have now a high market share in Norway with Nissan Leaf and Tesla as some of the high sellers. It is not that Norwegians are so green, it is mostly about money. There are no taxes on electric cars at all. A Tesla S starts for less than USD 100.00 compared to a Ford Mustang GT for 150.000. Electric cars can also use hoover lanes and are free on the many toll roads we have.

A Type 65 is a better choice for me!

Post Thanks / Like
    The car is ordered, Mike Forte is bulding an engine for me, and Stewart is booked for the transport. I guess all I can do now is wait.

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Congratulations & The Fun Will Soon Begin!

Post Thanks / Like
    Today is the day! (At least in my time zone)

Now I start waiting for Stewart
    Last edited by Sigurd; 06-16-2018 at 04:33 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Exciting day!!!
    "Doddmoore," Mitchell Moore on facebook, Follow Tonks347Cobra on Instagram
    MK IV Complete kit, SB Ford 347, Holley Sniper EFI, TKO 500, Moser 8.8 Solid axle, Wilwoods, Power Steering
    My Build Thread: Tonks347, The Baker's Build
    Slow and steady wins the race.