Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Nj dmv

Post Thanks / Like

Nj dmv

I recent poster just got me thinking. I'm about a year away from finishing, but wondering if there are any similar issues in NJ as to inspection/registration in New Jersey? I probably should have asked this question BEFORE I bought the kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    The short answer is you need to understand the NJ laws. This link is very helpful https://factory5roadster.wordpress.c...j-state-legal/

Post Thanks / Like
    NJ sucks, move to NC. They come to your house & the inspection takes about 20 minutes.
    Kevin
    MKIV #8234
    Coyote '14/TKO-600/3-Link 3:55 Rear
    I love the smell of 100 octane in the morning.
    NITTO NT01 275X40X17ZR - 315X35ZRX17
    Delivered 2/7/14 - Plate "COYOTE NC1965" 3/25/15

Post Thanks / Like
    pretty much a pia getting your car through inspection in nj. I have a friend who got a backdraft car built for him and they gave him trouble the first time through but being an ex police officer he talked to someone who talked to someone and it finially got to the inspector and wala he went right through the next time. it can take quite awhile to get through as you have to make an appointment which can be three months away and if you fail you have to make another appointment which could take just as long. that is the reason I bought one and took it all apart and made it the way I wanted an dall the inspections were handled by the person before me.

Post Thanks / Like
    There are a few people on here that made it thru the NJ gauntlet. I hear it is a bear but it is possible. You have to plan from the start though. It seems the roadster would be the easiest (Full body, no roof). I think I want to build a 33. You have to install fenders, hood, hood sides, electric windshield wiper... I also hear a simple early pre-70 engine helps the "approval" process and helps in the long run with future inspection. I'm not sure how the cars are classified or titled as once the process is done. What are they titled as in NJ?