35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 31.43%
  • No

24 68.57%

Thread: Poll: Factory Five Mk4 Blackout Edition

Post Thanks / Like

Poll: Factory Five Mk4 Blackout Edition

I would really like for Factory Five to have a Blackout option package for the Mk4 Roadster.

Do you think Factory Five should offer a Blackout Edition Mk4 as an option?

Blackout items to include wheels, knock-offs, windshield trim, lemans style gas cap, etc.....if its chrome or silver it's not anymore.
    Last edited by M3ichael; 04-10-2018 at 08:38 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by M3ichael View Post
    I would really like for Factory Five to have a Blackout option package for the Mk4 Roadster.

Do you think Factory Five should offer a Blackout Edition Mk4 as an option?

Blackout items to include wheels, knock-offs, windshield, lemans style gas cap, etc.....if its chrome or silver it's not anymore.
    Would definitely be something I would have bought, as I'm going to get everything powder coated.

Post Thanks / Like
    A blacked out windshield?
    Build Blog
    #8203, carbed 427W (611 hp), TKO 600, IRS
    Delivered: May 27, 2014
    Mechanically "Complete": October 1, 2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bren View Post
    A blacked out windshield?
    Yeah sorry typo.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the idea of a blacked out MK4
    MK4 #9130 , complete kit, arrived 8/10/2017, Street Legal 2/14/2020.
    DART SHP 347, EFI, TKO600, IRS
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...n-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    I say NO ! and here is why.......don't get me wrong, they look great....however, you ask a question like this and a lot of hands go up because we can see it in our heads. Truth is, when the rubber hits the road,only a couple of guys have the hair to pull the trigger. It took forever to get the 289 but because so many hands went up they decided to go forward. I have one so I'm happy but ffr sunk a lot of cake into the deal and it will be a while to recoupe.......iffin ya want a black out...do a black....you can do it cheaper then FFR can...or, send me the parts you want blacked out, I'll powder coat them, mark them up, and send them back...da Bat

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Jeff, those that want it bad enough can go that route. I had everything stripped and re-done in a satin-matte black with the exception of the wheels and windshield frame. That’s my taste and what I prefer, but I don’t think there is enough of a demand for FFR to break even with manufacturing those items in black.

Chris
    Generation 3 Type 65 Daytona Coupe Complete Kit #151885 received May 6, 2022. Gen 3 Coyote, IRS, Tremec TKX, American Powertrain hydraulic throwout bearing & Wilwood brakes.

MK4 Basic Kit #7404, 347 EFI - Pro M Racing ECM, 30# injectors, 70 mm throttle body, 80 mm MAF, Edelbrock Performer aluminum heads & RPM II intake, all new G-Force T5, 3:55 gears, Pro 5.0 shifter, 3-link, carbon fiber dash/custom Speedhut gauges and paint by Da Bat.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can do a "murdered out" black car but in the end, it may just blend in with every other European import done that way. JMHO but every car needs a bit of chrome and shiny stuff. One of the cars we're working on right now is going to be very dark. It will however, have a few well placed pieces of chrome, stainless and polished aluminum.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree, the demand will not be high enough to warrant FFR doing it. That's a heck of a lot of additional part numbers to produce and inventory. Da Bat's 289 FIA comment is a perfect example of a bunch of people claiming interest until the time came to put up or shut up (no need to name the most vocal member of that group )

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    No. Roadsters are supposed to have some bling and it would be a waste for FF to do. Now one can do it themselves if they like the look and that is what is great about building your own.
    Kyle

Complete Kit pickup 09/05/2015, 351w, QF680, 3.55, 3-Link, 15" Halibrands with MT's, Painted Viking blue with Wimbledon white stripes on 03/15/2017. Sold in 08/2018 and totally regret it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Backdraft already offers a black edition. I’m personally not a fan but to each his own.

http://backdraftracing.com/backdraft-rt3b
    F5R #7841: Anniversary Edition MK4, Ford Racing 427, Edelbrock EFI, Gas-N Pipes, Stainless Headers, TKO600, 3.31 Moser 3-Link, 17" Halibrands

Post Thanks / Like
    B0AF2C3B-9A79-45D7-ABF9-AED72D9F891C.jpeg

Love bling but this is where I might be going...

Post Thanks / Like
    I will be blacking out most of the chrome on my upcoming build and only leaving select visible aluminum and some fasteners un-coated. As for FFR offering this as an option, I doubt the demand is high enough to warrant the extra inventory management or extra steps involved to get all of the individual pieces coated. I personally like the idea of keeping 1 standard and allowing individuals to customize and build their vehicle they way they want it, which is why I went the FFR route in the first place.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kleiner View Post
    (no need to name the most vocal member of that group )

Jeff
    You mean the same guy that didn't actually buy one.......
    Mike............

FFR2100 - 331 with KB supercharger - T5 - 5 link rear 3.08's and T2 Torsen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Like Mr. Miller said, black paint, powder coating, and ceramic coating pipes and there is your Blackout Roadster. And you can pick and choose to leave a little bling. I took that route.

E7849620-E615-48A5-ABCA-E4DC10211E2B.jpeg
    MK4 delivered 2/24/2017. Complete kit #9023,IRS, Power Steering, Leather, heater, 17" wheels, sway bar ft & rr, tremec 600 and Gordon Levy Racing SBF 427. First start and go kart 8/19/2017. Graduated 1/15/2018
    MK4 #9230 complete kit delivered 1/27/2018. IRS, PS, leather, Tremic 600, SBF 427. Graduation 10/15/2018
    MK3 #5253 donor bought unfinished. SBF 331, T5 Trans.

Post Thanks / Like
    It would not sell one extra kit for them if they offered it, because it is something that the owner can have done themselves with the existing parts. There is no business reason to offer different colored trim packages. People are not going to buy a Pre-built Backdraft rather than build your own FFR to get black trim from the factory.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike N View Post
    You mean the same guy that didn't actually buy one.......
    Yeah, probably the same guy....you know, the guy who didn't follow through after whining for years. No real surprise though since he has yet to purchase a roadster of any model from Factory Five Racing.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    I say no for the same reasons others have chimed in on. It'll just lower the volume of the regular parts they source, thus making them both more expensive.
    Started dreaming of a Cobra around 1987
    Purchased Complete Kit 6/9/2017, Delivered 9/4/2017, Rolling Chassis 3/30/2018, Engine Dyno'ed 3/4/2022, Engine installed 8/27/2022
    Click here for my build thread
    Serial #9158
    Design Engineer at BluePrint Engines

Post Thanks / Like
    Another problem with special editions is that FFR buys the shiny bits from different vendors. If FFR asked each vendor to send them a blacked out version, you'd end up with several different shades of black and many more parts on your back order list. If you want FFR to collect the parts, send them out for color treatment and then repackage them for you, well, it would cost them more to do it than you could have done locally and you'd have no input on what is black and which black or which finish (gloss, satin, eggshell, matt, flat). My guess is that FFR will concentrate their marketing and development time focused on things they actually make in-house.

Cant wait to see your finished project, though.

-Steve
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901

Post Thanks / Like
    And no it wasn't me.....I have a 289.....but it's a secret.

Post Thanks / Like
    ok....was a secret.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by j.miller View Post
    ok....was a secret.
    You keep a secret almost as well as Dave Smith

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    rims.jpg
    Blacked out rims reminds me of cars in winter
    Last edited by chmhasy; 04-11-2018 at 06:59 PM.