FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: SW instruments

Post Thanks / Like

SW instruments

Is anyone using Stewart Warner instruments on their build?

I am making the final decissions for my Type 65, completion date 6/16. I am considering deleting the GPS gauges and get SW Delux mechanical instruments instead for a perhaps more autentic look.

Instalation will be perhaps be more involving than the eletrical ones but should be solvable.

Comments?

Sigurd

Post Thanks / Like
    Love the GPS gauges I've used, including the added features they provide. I had Classic Instruments gauges in my first Roadster that looked very similar to those SW gauges. They were authentic looking and all, but almost impossible to read at night. The newer modern gauges with backlit panels and lit needles are a nice improvement. Your build though. Do it the way you want!
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will go for the GPS gauges I have on order.

The installation of the mechanical SW ones will most likely complicate running hoses for the heat, AC, and all the wiring in the limited space available.
    Now I have one less decision to make.

edwardb, thank you very much for your informative write-ups! I bet they will save me for both time and money.

Sigurd

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulation on your order Sigurd. I am waiting on my Type 65 Coupe too with a complexation date of 5/19. Looks like our builds should start around the same time, so hopefully we can help each other out. I am planning on documenting my build here on the forum. Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions, I went with the GPS gauges as well and will be doing a Coyote with AC and PS. Edwardb's build thread has been very helpful for me and I recommend reading through it if you have not already. Good luck.