FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Anyone do something other than the C5 Corvette E-brake handle mechanism?

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone do something other than the C5 Corvette E-brake handle mechanism?

Maybe I'm being too picky, but to me the C5 E-brake looks out of place in the GTM interior. I think it's the massive size of the thing. Has anyone used a different OEM or aftermarket system that fit the interior better? I want to stay with a handle, I know some have talked about footbox pedals and electric units.
    Thanks!
    Dave

MK3.1 2004 Mach 1 donor. ABS, PS, TC.
    GTM #304 LPE 525hp LS3
    2000 C5 Lingenfelter LS1@489hp
    1999 Corvette FRC/Z06 track car

Post Thanks / Like
    IIRC there was a couple of people that used some sort of solenoid under the dash and then just had an electric switch to apply the parking brake. I can still see the pictures in my head, but don't recall if it was on this forum or the other. It was long enough ago that it is likely the other forum. Maybe try searching "electric e brake"?
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I did see that thread, I'd rather stick with the old fashioned handle. I'll use the C5 one unless someone is aware of something 'prettier'
    MK3.1 2004 Mach 1 donor. ABS, PS, TC.
    GTM #304 LPE 525hp LS3
    2000 C5 Lingenfelter LS1@489hp
    1999 Corvette FRC/Z06 track car

Post Thanks / Like
    We installed an actuator in the last car we finished....I believe it was an Autoloc unit?.....just googled and found it:

https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Speed...Kit,58549.html

We ended up mounting the "box" on the wheel well panel behind the rear wheels. Overall, it worked out pretty well.
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts

Post Thanks / Like
    I installed and E-Stop emergency brake from Summit Racing and eliminated the emergency brake handle. It also work as theft deterrent as the can cannot be moved unless the brake is electronically released, and when combined with RFID keyless ignition system make is a good secondary security system for the car. There are several place to purchase the system even direct from E-Stop.

IMG_1497.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesfr58 View Post
    I installed and E-Stop emergency brake from Summit Racing and eliminated the emergency brake handle. It also work as theft deterrent as the can cannot be moved unless the brake is electronically released, and when combined with RFID keyless ignition system make is a good secondary security system for the car. There are several place to purchase the system even direct from E-Stop.

IMG_1497.jpg
    James,
    Did you use the C-5 Corvette e-brake cables from the splitter that you have in your photo to each of the wheels?
    Cheers,
    Dave

GTM # 294 Build Start Date 10/12/2009,
    2000 C5 Donor, LS-1 Twin Turbo, AC/Heat, G50-20.02 6 speed, Brandwood Cable shifter
    Build site. http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/vv153/dfraser/

Post Thanks / Like
    No I did not use the C5 corvette cables they were not long enough. I purchased a set of Lokar universal emergency brake cables that you cut to fit the length you want and the make them to fit existing C5 corvette hub so they worked great.