FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Can we get pics on new FFR fuel tank please

Post Thanks / Like

Can we get pics on new FFR fuel tank please

FFR haven't had time to take pics of their newly designed tank, so I hope someone here may have some? I'd love to see all sides and top to see the changes. FFR offered to sell me the updated tank, which includes quite a few parts:

"FFR does have a new tank design that is better flowing than the original and comes with new fuel level/pick-up, filler gasket and trunk front wall aluminum."
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be at FFR tomorrow and will try to take a pic of the new tank.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLev View Post
    I'll be at FFR tomorrow and will try to take a pic of the new tank.
    Much appreciated, thanks Jim!
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19

Director of R&D, FFR Jim Schenck's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...ank-for-the-33

Check out post 32, if those don't show everything you need to see shoot me a message and I will take whatever angle you need.
    Jim Schenck
    Factory Five Racing

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Jim(S!) - I'd missed that earlier post. The only question remaining from that is.. where is the fuel level sender? I'm hoping not on the lower level any more? (just for sealing)
    James

Director of R&D, FFR Jim Schenck's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The sending unit and pickup are together in one piece with a 6 bolt flange, no more locking ring. The new tank does require an external pump as it is no longer a mustang style pickup and level sender.
    Jim Schenck
    Factory Five Racing

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Schenck View Post
    The sending unit and pickup are together in one piece with a 6 bolt flange, no more locking ring. The new tank does require an external pump as it is no longer a mustang style pickup and level sender.
    That's a good improvement! As much as I'd prefer an in-tank pump (quieter, cooler, longer life), I think changing this to simplify the installation and remove sealing issues is a step forward.
    -- Mike -- TxMike64 -- @TxMGarage
    Gen1.5 Hot Rod '33 #1094 (Stage 1) - 302/AOD '15 IRS - Quad Built - Build Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Schenck View Post
    That's awesome! Added to my wishlist, thanks
    James

Post Thanks / Like
    I was unable to get a pic of the new style tank when I was at FFR last Monday, they were all boxed up.
    My new tank will be here tomorrow, if you need more info or pics let me know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLev View Post
    I was unable to get a pic of the new style tank when I was at FFR last Monday, they were all boxed up.
    My new tank will be here tomorrow, if you need more info or pics let me know.
    I'm good, thanks Jim. The other thread and some answers here have me convinced to upgrade
    James