BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Kirkey Vintage buckets size?

Post Thanks / Like

Kirkey Vintage buckets size?

I am thinking I need more room and want to try the kirkey buckets. My question is what size? There aren’t any dealers close to me so thought I would ask what others are using. I’m 6’2” 165 lbs. anyone roughly my size? If so what size seats did you use.

Thanks Craig

Post Thanks / Like
    I got the 41V series seats, the 17".....the model # 41700V. I tried them out with the Kirkey covers, not bolting them in and they make a huge difference. I have the FFR big and tall leather seats and I feel to high up and to far forward. The 18" may cause a problems bolting them in, the 17" give me plenty of room I'm 5'11" at 215lbs with the FFR seats my eyes are just below the windshield frame, with the Kirkey seats I can look through the middle of the windshield. I plan on modifying the bolsters and getting custom leather upholstery done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Agree with DavidW. I bought the 18" seats but returned them for the 17". The 18s fit but you can't instal them as far back as the 17's. I'm a 38" waste and the 17's are good. I bought mine from Summit. They exchanged with no problem.
    -Steve
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901

Post Thanks / Like
    I am 6'3 and 205. I have the 16" width. They fit me fine. I let me weight get away from me a bit and was up to 226 and they still fit me fine.
    At 165 you could easily go with the 16" width. With that being said I think the 17" width would have been nice for me as well. I like being snug in the seat with the harness pretty snug as well. Safest bet would be get the 17s unless you really want a snug fit to keep you in place.
    At the end of the day I dont think the extra 1" between the 16 and 17 will be a hugely noticeable difference for you. 18" will definitely give fit challenges in the MK4.
    I bought some brackets from summit that allow for some recline and also some lumbar supports that greatly increased the comfort of the seat. My seat install is pretty thoroughly documented in my build thread linked in my signature. There is an index in post #1 that will direct you to the correct post.

Oh and I have the high backs but the low back buckets are exactly the same bottom part on both seats so the fit should be the same.
    Last edited by wareaglescott; 04-17-2018 at 09:06 AM.
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    I would choose the narrowest one you think will fit. If it is too narrow a little work w/ a jack can widen it out at the top of the side walls where your hips fit and it will still be narrow at the bottom so it will slide further back.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    I would choose the narrowest one you think will fit. If it is too narrow a little work w/ a jack can widen it out at the top of the side walls where your hips fit and it will still be narrow at the bottom so it will slide further back.
    Agreed. Go with the 16" version.
    FFR 7123 tilt front, Levy 5link/wilwoods/LCA's, webers.
    SL-C, LS3 525, Mendeola SDR5,

Post Thanks / Like
    Craig,

I'm big, the 17" fit me great. If I were you I'd get the 16". With the 17" it's very tight for the lap belt and the mounting bolts, it would be nice to have 1/2" more room on each side of the seat.

John

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone. I ordered the 16” seats from summit.