Russ' Garage

Visit our community sponsor

Thread: How's the yoga mat holding up?

How's the yoga mat holding up?

For those who have used yoga mat for the fender Wells, how's it holding up? Would you do anything different?
    The local Walmart has them on roll back and was wondering if I should pick some up.
    Thanks
    Last edited by flynntuna; 04-16-2018 at 10:15 AM.

After about 2 years and 4K miles, my yoga mat is still good. This weekend I pulled wheels and checked the suspension for the 400-mile drive to HB, so I looked carefully. See ya at HB11.
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

What kind of yoga mat are people using for the wheel wells? There's lots of different materials and thicknesses out there. Also how is it all attached?

I do quite a bit of forum lurking and searches for solutions to my hang-ups during the build, but it never crossed my mind to do a search for "yoga mat."

Just when I though I had a handle on the finer points of my build along come yoga mats....excellent idea though - adding it to the list!
    220,221 whatever it takes....

Quote Originally Posted by lsfourwheeler View Post
    What kind of yoga mat are people using for the wheel wells? There's lots of different materials and thicknesses out there. Also how is it all attached?
    The mat that I'm looking at is a mat that Walmart has at a reduced price for $4.87 a roll. It's pretty thin but I don't think it will need to be any thicker for this purpose since I'm going to be using it in conjunction with bed liner. Plus the thin mat should be easier to fit in the wheel well.

I agree that thin is okay. All it's doing is cushioning pebbles which don't have much mass. The yoga mat I've used is 1/4" but that's probably overkill. Or, any closed-cell foam will work but I found yoga mats were cheaper and I didn't have to buy a huge roll.

BTW, I learned this from the other FFR Roadster builders and used yoga mat in my Mk3 and it's still okay after 9 years and now the 4th owner.
    Last edited by AZPete; 04-17-2018 at 11:20 PM. Reason: BTW
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

.....and here I thought the yoga mat would only be needed to train getting in and out of my coupe. Added to the list!
    Jonas

Check out our build blog - https://vjjfactoryfive.wordpress.com/
    FFR Type-65 Coupe 720
    London Ontario Canada