Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Roadster IRS E-brake issue

Post Thanks / Like

Roadster IRS E-brake issue

Hello, having a bit of an issue with the supplied parts with the kit. The e-brake cable itself hitting on the axle, and also hitting the head of the bolt used for the caliper mounting bracket. Has anyone seen this before. Or am I missing something completely.

Post Thanks / Like
    how old is your kit? I know F5 made changes to the mounting bracket and supplied me with different bolts. send that pic to Tony

stack
    FFR MKI Roadster FFR2202K Built in 2000 sold
    FFR Hot Rod #39 under construction

Post Thanks / Like
    I substituted a high strength button head Allen screw and was able to tighten it to the required torque (w/loctite) and it DOES clear the cable ferrule. I’m using the same IRS and brake calipers that you are. The bolts came from McMasterCarr.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine was similar although on a solid axle. I ground a flat along one side of the brass piece so it would slip over the head of the bolt.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi ! Was there any a solution to this post ? I am having exactly the same issue now. Especially the routing of the ebrake line is problematic. Thanks !

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you find a good solution ?

Post Thanks / Like
    I just finished this a month ago. I have a 2010 MK4 with old IRS. You will need to replace that hex bolt with a pan head (rounded) allen. It just gives enough room. I recall taking one of the caliper bolts out to rotate caliper up then install. When you press back down it's tight but fits. The cable runs to the side of the axle and lower control arm. I held in place with some zip ties. I will try and take some pics today and post. The IRS took some time as I installed a pulley system with Lokar setup as many others have reccomended.

Bryan
    Last edited by nuhale; 03-08-2020 at 10:54 AM.
    MKIV #7275 Acquired June 2019 (2010 partial build), Gen 2 Coyote by Forte w/TK600- PRO 5.0 - McLeod RST twin Clutch-QT Bell, old style IRS, 8.8 3.55 Rear, Gas'n Headers/Pipes, Power Steering, Hydroboost by Forte, Breeze Roll Bar, Heated Seats, 17" halibrand w/ Nitto G2, Maradyne Fan Controller, Paul Proe Vent Kit, Russ Thompson Signal w/ FTP- Received June 2019/First Start April 2020/Go Cart May 2020/Legal September 2020/PAINT BY SPOTLIGHT CUSTOMS JAN 2021

8. Likes Gbeck liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    X2 on the pan head bolt.
    Gen 2 Type 65 Coupe. Gen 2 Coyote. T-bird IRS. 3.55 Torsen diff.
    Find me at "Team Limer" on Facebook
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/750619...7668366966791/
    Rally North America "Team Limer"
    https://www.classy.org/team/464751