Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: The Best Sound Deadening and Heat shield Protection

Post Thanks / Like

The Best Sound Deadening and Heat shield Protection

What do you think is the best way to make the 33 not rattle or vibrate so much and the best way to keep the heat out. Ive heard of so many products. Lizard skin is supposed to be pretty effective. Any opinions?

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought the sound/heat insulation from FFR. There isn't a name of it.
    These are two separate parts, one for heat and the other for sound.
    Peel the backing paper off the heat insulation and stick it on the aluminum and inside the doors.
    Then do the same for the sound dreading material, it sticks on top of the heat insulation.
    They are custom cut for all of the areas.
    It wasn't cheap however FF had a 1/2 price sale on a lot of the options when I ordered my '33.

One of the car club guys here had a Daytona and had some Fat Mat (FM) left over which he gave me. It's only 1/2 as thick as the FF heat insulation and doesn't have anywhere as much sticking ability as what FF supplied. That may be because the FM was over a year old, don't know as this was the only FM I've ever seen.

Post Thanks / Like
    I did this write-up about Lizard Skin a few years ago. It's a Roadster, but still applies to your build I think. That was the second build I've used it on and have done more since. Is it the best? I don't know. There are plenty of choices. But it's an option I like. On the road experience shows it works well.

http://www.ffcars.com/forums/17-fact...xperience.html
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used a combination of Lizard Skin for heat control in the cockpit and covered that with Dynamat for sound deadening. I also sprayed the underside of the body and the underside exposed aluminum with Raptor undercoat. As others have said, not sure if these are the "best" products but they seem to do the job in combination with each other.

Post Thanks / Like
    Resto Mod Air has a new product out. We have ordered some to evaluate. I'll post my assessment once we have evaluated it. FYI they call theirs "Membrane"

Chris
    Chris