Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Using Uhaul trailers?

Post Thanks / Like

Using Uhaul trailers?

So I've used uhaul trailers for the 818 but needed custom ramps and step ups to keep the front from hitting. It looks like this isn't necessary with the Daytona. Is this true? Do I need to build anything special to pull the Daytona with a uhaul trailer?
    Nolan
    65 coupe Gen 3 "Phoenix" build
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...032#post297032

818 s (with r windscreen ) 350 rwhp. Registered and street legal (SOLD)

Post Thanks / Like
    Before I purchased my own trailer, I used a uHaul trailer twice with my Roadster. I found that the trailers that I rented had an open center section and a lower rear frame which allowed the low points at the center of the car to slide right by during loading. I can't speak directly to the Daytona, but I understand the suspensions and running gear are substantially similar, though I believe the wheel bases are different. I had no real issues loading the roadster on the uHaul trailer. You might go to the rental location, explain your problem, and look at the trailers they have. If they have the open center and lowered rear frame, I would expect that you are good to go. Good luck, and safe travels.
    Jazzman

MKIV #8745 "Flip Top" Roadster, Custom Tilt front, Coyote Engine, Tremec TKO600, Custom Interior. Best of Show winner, Huntington Beach Cruise In 2018.

1967 Ford Mustang Coupe build thread updated 1/22/2021

Roadster Frame Dolly Plan

Post Thanks / Like
    I've had several roadsters delivered &/or picked up on U-Hail trailers. You can greatly flatten out the approach and departure angle by raising the tongue of the trailer. Keep it hooked to the tow vehicle so that the trailer doesn't move when loading or unloading and raise it by using a floor jack under the hitch platform or ball.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Just did what Jeff described yesterday picking up my 289 from the body shop. Worked well.
    FFR #8833 289 FIA 3-link
    1965 289, TKO600 from Forte's Parts Connection
    Body and Paint by Mike's Auto Restoration
    Picked up 3/5/2016, First start 4/22/2017, MA legal 7/11/2018
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...FIA-build-8833
    "Insanity is contagious" - Joseph Heller