FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Overflow Tank Brackets?

Post Thanks / Like

Overflow Tank Brackets?

FF sent this tank and brackets with my complete roadster kit. The holes to mount the bracket to the frame are about four inches apart. If I were to try to mount it per the manual to the 3/4 tubes it would sit at about a 20 degree angle. If I set it vertically the bracket holes don't line up with the 3/4 tube.

If I try to mount it directly to the F panel the tank won't let it fit flush. I called factory five and was told I would have to fabricate something to install where the manual says it should go.

This is the first time FF has disappointed me with a lack of service. Not happy.

The only place in the engine compartment this thing will fit vertically is on the X frame.

Looks like I'll be shopping for something that fits.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    I made a bracket that attaches to the upper and lower 3/4 inch tubes, and to the F-panel. I used the bigger Summit tank and wanted it as secure as possible. Seems to be perfect. And your right, the angles are a problem, just had to do some fitting and bending to make it fit flush everywhere.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If Brute Force doesn't work, you're not using enough of it.
    Basic Stuff: MK4 Complete Kit #8439, Wilwood's, 17" Halibrands. Extra Stuff: Stainless brake and fuel lines, Breeze cooling, Battery mount, SS Roll Bar. Old Fart Stuff: Heater, Seat Heaters, Footbox Fresh Air, Stereo, Keyless ignition, Power Steering, Hyd Clutch.
    Young & Dumb Stuff: 427w Dart, TKO600, 3 link Moser M9/Ford 9", 3.5:1, Eaton TruTrac Posi. Graduation Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Before you mount it make sure the volume of the tank will be enough for your motor. I had to go with a Moroso one because the FFR tank was to small.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GFX2043mtu View Post
    Before you mount it make sure the volume of the tank will be enough for your motor. I had to go with a Moroso one because the FFR tank was to small.
    Good advice, thanks Don.