Quote Originally Posted by mikeinatlanta View Post
That's funny coming from a guy who uses a lathe to make super sweet axle plugs. Looking forward to seeing a build from someone who would do that.
Attachment 85021

Edit: And don't get me started on that dolly. My goodness that thing is sweet. If you go to that much trouble for the dolly, what will you do to the car?
Thanks for the compliments on the dolly (It wasn't trouble on the dolly, it was maximum strength with minimum materials/effort (about 6hrs), with SAFETY paramount), and indulge me on the axle plugs (lightbulb went off, $6 of material, 10 minutes on the machine-tools, sticky problem solved).

At risk of alienating myself here... If you look around on some of these builds on here, there are those that (IMO) have lost focus as to the actual usage of the machines they are building. Are you building a show-car/trailer queen, a balls-out racecar, or a street-machine driver?
(When a thread gets into a pissing contest about galvanic reaction of a steel rivnut into an aluminum panel (on a car that will never be stressed to the limits of the fastener or subject to "annual" to where this may be an issue...)