Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Outside Mirrors, round or rectangular?

Post Thanks / Like

Outside Mirrors, round or rectangular?

Ok guys, What is the best way to go for outside mirror heads? What I need to know is if the round mirrors work better than the oval/rectangular shaped mirrors for visibility. I do plan to go with the "closer to me" type for the right side and flat for the driver side. Those of you who have had some wheel time on your rides, please chime in on your feel for the best setup. Thanks.

BTW, I will be using the Hagan product even though they are way pricey but there simply isn't a quality product out there to replace the FFR heads that we app know are not very suitable. My compliments to Kraftee for his efforts to enlighten me months ago. I humbly bow to his superior knowledge...

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well mine may not qualify as I don't have my car on the road yet. But I did mount and test some mirrors backing the car and have settled on rectangular as the best compromise between bulk and performance. I drive trucks and pull trailers so I gravitate toward large easy to see what's behind you mirrors. My overarching build philosophy on this car is centered around form follows function but clunky mirrors on a hot rod is one of those areas I made concessions to style.

IMG_0827.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NAZ View Post
    Well mine may not qualify as I don't have my car on the road yet. But I did mount and test some mirrors backing the car and have settled on rectangular as the best compromise between bulk and performance. I drive trucks and pull trailers so I gravitate toward large easy to see what's behind you mirrors. My overarching build philosophy on this car is centered around form follows function but clunky mirrors on a hot rod is one of those areas I made concessions to style.

IMG_0827.JPG
    Where did you get those mirrors, I like them!

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Bob, they're off a Harley. I got them from J&P Cycles, #750087, $89.99 for a pair and they are a quality product. I thought they went well with the bad to the bone style of my car.

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Those Mirrors Truly Speak Volumes!

Your Friend From Dark Side Loves Them!

Mrs. Go-Dad Does Too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Bob, they're off a Harley. I got them from J&P Cycles, #750087, $89.99 for a pair and they are a quality product. I thought they went well with the bad to the bone style of my car.
    Naz,

What mount did you us, to attach them to the body?

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    They come with a variety of stud mounts designed to attach to the handlebar controls. I simply selected one in an English size (I'm old school and it just annoys me I have to have both English & metric tools to service an American car) and drilled a hole through the door skin in an appropriate place. On the back side I used 3M Panel Bond to epoxy a fender washer for added support. That seemed to be strong enough but time will tell once I start racing this car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    They come with a variety of stud mounts designed to attach to the handlebar controls. I simply selected one in an English size (I'm old school and it just annoys me I have to have both English & metric tools to service an American car) and drilled a hole through the door skin in an appropriate place. On the back side I used 3M Panel Bond to epoxy a fender washer for added support. That seemed to be strong enough but time will tell once I start racing this car.
    Naz,
    Thanks, gonna order me a set only in black.
    Bob