FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Whitby Motorcars power brake install??

Post Thanks / Like

Whitby Motorcars power brake install??

Does anyone have the instructions or can they be found online?
    I installed mine last winter and took the car for a rip and the pedal goes almost to the floor before the brakes come on, and I can't find my instructions. I just want to check if I missed anything.
    Cheers Ray

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like you still have air in the system. the instructions if there were any, probably wouldn't be any help for that. Try bleeding them again.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Thx Mike
    I've bench bled the master cylinder and vacuum bled from each wheel and did the old pump, pump, pump crack the bleeder
    I thought I read something in the instructions about threading in a rod and wondered if thats where my problem is and I don't know where I put the instructions.
    Cheers Ray

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh ok. loosen the 2 bolts that hold the master cylinder on and see if there is any pressure on the master when you push it in place on the booster. There should be very little resistance. Yo might be pushing i the piston when tightening the master. No fluid can flow if the master isn't released all the way. Also check and make sure the brake pedal is not hitting the 3/4 tube in the pedal box area. Are you getting fluid when you bleed it?
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike
    I will do all and then report back
    Cheers Ray

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike
    I took off the two bolts for the master cylinder and no resistance other than my brake lines being hooked up lol. Then I took out the intermediate push rod from the brake booster, thats where that has the castle nut in which I had threaded all the way in, so I backed out that threaded end and now have just a bit of resistance.
    The pedal is now hard, fluid is and was coming out the bleeder screws and the pedal is not hitting the 3/4" tube.
    I have the engine out right now so haven't been able to test with the vacuum but hopefully I'm on the right track
    Cheers Ray

Post Thanks / Like
    I just put my Mityvac vacuum pump on the vacuum line of the brake booster and I'm not getting any vacuum.
    Could these units be faulty right from the get go and what booster is used in these kits?
    Cheers Ray

Post Thanks / Like
    I was looking at one of these units as well for my MkIV. What did / are you using for your vacuum source?