FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: MK4 EBrake mod for using Mustang Brake Cables

Post Thanks / Like

MK4 EBrake mod for using Mustang Brake Cables

I've fabricated a simple bracket to allow use of the Stock Ebrake cables on my complete Mk4 kit. I purchased a Jeep Ebrake equalizer bracket and a cable end replacement allowing for adjustment.
    Lokar S-8074 - Lokar Parking Brake Cable Replacement Wire Union Assemblies LOK-S-8074

OMIX-ADA 16751.14 - OMIX-ADA Emergency Brake Equalizers OMX-1675114
    Parking Brake Equalizer, Jeep, Each

I removed the lower 1/2 of the kit's brake short turnbuckle, threaded the end of the cable connector to match the turnbuckle still on the car, installed the cable equalizer and a fabbed L metal bracket to anchor the stock cables.(see photos) This setup allows for at least 1.5" of adjustment and the equalizer bracket will even up the pressure to the rear brakes.
    IMG_1320.jpg IMG_1323.jpg IMG_1326.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ken,
    I never received E-brake cables with my complete kit. Thought I would get them when I received my center section, rear brakes, and spindles but no luck. On the subject of the rear brakes, did you use the stock Mustang brakes? I got a bunch of brackets (10) that I assume are to adapt the calipers to the spindles, but no instructions on how they install. Any ideas?
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Bill,
    Sorry for the long delay... been busy building... realized these were stock mustang cobra cables that were on the rear axle I had rebuilt. They were not part of the kit... my mistake.
    How's your build going?
    ken