FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Jeff's Huntington Beach report

Post Thanks / Like

Jeff's Huntington Beach report

Arrived back home about 1:30 AM today from a great long weekend! Although I've wanted to head out to this event for the past few years to complete the trifecta (FFR Open House, London Cobra Show and Huntington Beach) I just haven't been able to put it all together what with building a new house, new shop and real "day job" schedules until this year. So glad I got to make it! The weather was perfect and I can't imagine a better venue. Lots of highlights but like always while we all love the cars it's really the people who make our Factory Five community so special! I don't want to start naming individuals for fear of leaving someone out so let's just say that I was able to reunite with a number of west coast friends as well as finally meet face to face with so many old and new forum friends for the first time!

OK, I lied. One name has to be mentioned; David Hodgkins and his family put forth a Herculean effort to pull this off! Not only did they take the reins of the Saturday event but they also hosted the Friday evening BBQ at their home as they have done in years past. Either one of these alone are monumental but combined is kind of mind blowing!!!! And...AND...AND... as if that wasn't enough Dave spent most of Saturday afternoon performing with the band and still had enough left in the tank for the post show "afterparty" at the Longboard! David, Leesa and family I know you heard it from others but Thank You so much for your efforts!

I was asked to be one of the judges for the show awards. I found out when doing the same at the Open House that it's a difficult job and with as high as the bar is being set with all of the Roadster, Coupe, 33, GTM and 818 builds it gets harder every year! Trying to recognize individual cars of such high caliber can drive a judge to drink---so after the awards that's what we did! Congrats to all who took home an trophy!

On the awards front, I was both honored and humbled to be selected as this year's recipient of the Robert Feddersen Memorial Award. Although I never got the opportunity to meet him in person I did know him and of his actions through the forum. To be held in the same regard as Robert and all of the prior year recipients of this recognition means more than I can effectively put into words---know that I mean it sincerely when I say Thank You to all of you who felt that I was worthy. I also have to thank all of the folks who participated in Dave's campaign to assist with making it possible for me to attend:

65 Cobra dude (Henry Renaud)
    Don DePontee
    Garry Bopp
    i.e.427 (Frank Maslowski)
    J.Miller (DaBat)
    Just Puttering (Debbie Anspaugh/Ed Coent)
    Michael Everson
    mmoen (Michael Moen)
    RR30AC (James Ausbun)
    Jacob
    Ducky2009(David Sarver)
    Mike Forte

One last amusing note that made me laugh out loud as I thought about it on the plane last night; Jeff Miller, Ken Pike and I were sitting together at the corner of Main St. and Walnut Ave. as the show was winding down. As two guys walked by one said to the other "That's Moe, Larry and Curly over there". Man, no respect

The weekend will stand as one of the highlights of my year!

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    CONGRATS ON THE AWARD. I cannot think of anyone more worthy. I could never have finished my build without your patience and input. from electrical to fitment to assembly you always offered sound advice and instructions......even to my stupid (my term not yours) questions. I think we had 20 exchanges on pinion angle but you finally got me to understand it. Thanks again for your invaluable input to this forum. I have a remarkable car due to you and this community.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kleiner View Post
    Jeff Miller, Ken Pike and I were sitting together at the corner of Main St. and Walnut Ave. as the show was winding down. As two guys walked by one said to the other "That's Moe, Larry and Curly over there". Man, no respect

The weekend will stand as one of the highlights of my year!

Jeff
    I guess I'm glad we bugged out early. If the four of us would have been sitting there, I'm guessing I would have been Schemp?

On a serious note, Congratulations Jeff! Well deserved. You exemplify all that this award is about.
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on the award buddy, You deserve it!

Sincerely,

FFinisher/AKA RE63

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on the award Jeff. Much deserved and about time!
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Adam, Ron, Paul & Frank,

Thanks guys! I have some lofty company to be included with for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by frankeeski View Post
    I guess I'm glad we bugged out early. If the four of us would have been sitting there, I'm guessing I would have been Schemp?
    Or worse yet, Curly Joe!

Quote Originally Posted by FFinisher View Post

Check

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Jeff,

Congratulations on the award! Just one question: where are the photos???
    Mk IV Roadster - #8650 - delivered 7-17-2015 - first start 7-28-2018 - first go-kart 10-13-2018 - licensed and on the road 9-9-19: body/paint completed 3-17-2020.
    Complete kit / 2015 Coyote / TKO600 / IRS / Wilwood brakes / Mid-Shift mod / Power Steering / Heater and Seat Heaters / RT turn signal / Breeze radiator shroud and mount

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on the award Jeff. I know how much you helped me personally and I am very pleased you won!
    Yes pictures please?
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Jeff! I agree with the others that its well deserved with everything you do to help out.
    CVOBill
    MK2 #???? Delivered 11/2002, Finished and Titled 6/2003 5.0, T-5, 4-Link, Sold 3/2005
    Hot Rod #304 purchased 5/28/2017 from original owner Unassembled . Titled and plated 8/24/2017 Coyote,
    TKO, 3-Link, Heat, A/C, Electric Power Steering, Convertible top
    MK4 #9524 Picked up 1/18/19 306 Blueprint, T-5, 4-Link, Gas-N Pipes, Heater

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations Jeff on a well deserved award, you help many guys on this forum and definitely inspired me over the past 5 years to push the envolope and try different ideas while building my Cobra.
    Dan

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats. Very well deserved. You have always helped me with what probably seems like silly questions. You are appreciated!
    Mark
    Mk1, Frame #1929 Complete restoration/upgrade. BP 347 with Edelbrock PF4 439/420. 4 link with coilovers. 8.8 3.55, 15” Halibrand, New beefed up T5 w/short throw shifter, Power 4 wheel disc brakes, Custom original style steering wheel, shaft and boss, Heat/AC, Heated seats, PPW wipers w/washers, Forte’s throttle linkage, RT trunk hoop mod, Pusher cooling fans, full LED lighting, custom headrests, 5 point seat belts with sub pass through, Speedhut GPS gauges, battery drop box in trunk, LED courtesy lights, Breeze trunk cubby kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jeff,
    First off, let me say CONGRATULATIONS on your Robert Feddersen Memorial Award - couldn't have been presented to a more deserving guy. Whoo-Hoo!

Now for the best part: Being one of those guys you finally got to put a face to after all this time . . . it even better because we say and think the same stuff. We must be reading from the same playbook. Finally meeting you up-close-n-personal was a highlight of my weekend and I know I will always call you my friend and will always have the greatest respect for you for what you do for others - hence the Robert Feddersen award went to the most deserving guy I know. Once again, Congratulations!!
    Maybe I'll try to swing the LCS one day in the near future - that's a lot of seat time in a MKII. Ha-Ha.

Doc
    FFR3712K (MKII) in Lost Wages Nevada.
    5.0 w/tubular GT-40 EFI, E303 cam, Custom 4 into 4 headers, T5, 3-Link 3.73 rear. Full F5 tubular suspension. Drop Butt mod, Dash forward mod, custom foot box air vents, custom turn signal system. 13" PBR brakes, Fiero E-Brake mod, Flaming River 18:1 rack w/ F5 bump steer kit on Breeze bushings. 17" Chrome Cobra "R's" w/ 275 fronts and 315 rears. MKIV seats. FORD Royal Blue w/ Arctic White stripes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely earned! Congrats Jeff, you’re one who makes this community great and the knowledge you share is invaluable to us rookie builders.
    Kyle

Complete Kit pickup 09/05/2015, 351w, QF680, 3.55, 3-Link, 15" Halibrands with MT's, Painted Viking blue with Wimbledon white stripes on 03/15/2017. Sold in 08/2018 and totally regret it.

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Well Deserved!

Congratulations From The Big Easy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thank you Jeff. It was great to meet you. You have done a lot for these great motor cars and community.
    20th Anniversary MK4 Roadster, #8752, 18 of 20, Delivered 12/03/15, 1st Start 01/28/2017, off to paint 4/13/2017, Forte 351w/ Holley EFI, Forte throttle linkage, TKO 600/Forte Hyd. Clutch, UniSteer Electra Steering, RT's turn Signals, many Breeze parts, Paint by the Jeff Miller. Finished on 10/08/2017. 500 mile inspection on 10/21/2017, 3000 mile inspection on 1/14/19.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jeff,

Congratulations! You absolutely earned and deserved the receiving the award.

Very Respectfully,

Carl
    Mk 4 Roadster
    October 25, 2012 - Kit Arrives
    April 8, 2013 - Build Starts
    August 23, 2015 - Rolling Chassis/Engine & Transmission Installed
    March 26, 2016 - Go Cart

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Jeff absolutely deserved it this year, just as he has for the past five! The guy is on the list, every year.

Well not anymore. He's in the club, and knows the secret handshake. He's one special dude.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Way to go Jeff - well deserved! One of these days I'll get out there!

See you soon,

Henry

Post Thanks / Like
    Jeff,

I posted congratulation on the other forum and won't take up space to c/p here. You certainly deserved the award this year, and I'm honored to have had the opportunity to meet with you and spend some quality time with you. Dee and I are seriously considering coming to Ohio to do the LCS this year; hope we can hook up.

Video