Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Door Frames for Upholstery on a MKIII

Post Thanks / Like

Door Frames for Upholstery on a MKIII

Does anyone know of a source for the inner door frames required to upholster the doors on a MKIII? The fabric is secured to the frames then screwed to the inside of the door. The supplier I'm working with quoted 3 weeks to complete but I just found out they are out of stock and want $700.00 for air freight from South Africa or sea freight which is 8 weeks + installation time. The frames are only around $100.00. I shipped the doors and seats to California from Minnesota a couple weeks ago hoping to have them upholstered and be back by June 1st. I'd like to have them back before the snow fly's. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help. Greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have finished door panels in black leather if you are interested.
    99/2000 NASA PSO Champion-2005 west coast FFR challenge series Champions
    Sponsor Tony B's 2007 ST2 National Championship
    2009 NASA TTC runner up-2010 NASA TTB runner up

Post Thanks / Like
    That $$ amount is absurd.. What kind of frame do they use for an upholstered door panel anyway? You could make the backing for them yourself for far less $

My Herb Fraser upholstered door panels were just padded vinyl, attached to hardboard, cut out on the shape of the inner door. There wasn't any frame per se'. They could be attached with the provided self adhesive Velcro, or screws. Great quality, and very reasonable price.

He could make them in leather, or any other suitable material you provided. Here is an example of some custom ones he did.

http://www.ffcars.com/forums/17-fact...nels-herb.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by REDSNK View Post
    Does anyone know of a source for the inner door frames required to upholster the doors on a MKIII? The fabric is secured to the frames then screwed to the inside of the door. The supplier I'm working with quoted 3 weeks to complete but I just found out they are out of stock and want $700.00 for air freight from South Africa or sea freight which is 8 weeks + installation time. The frames are only around $100.00. I shipped the doors and seats to California from Minnesota a couple weeks ago hoping to have them upholstered and be back by June 1st. I'd like to have them back before the snow fly's. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help. Greatly appreciated.
    HI I can make them with your fabric for $165 or I can send you blank backers cut to shape for $60
    Thanks herb fraser

Post Thanks / Like
    REDSNK-

Great googly moogly, what in the world are these things made of? That's some pretty insane pricing, and shipping costs as well!

Herb will set you up! Great product, great price, great service, great guy!!

Good luck!

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Herb: How do I contact you? Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Contact info is on his website..

http://cobra-herb.tripod.com/