FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hello From So Cal

Post Thanks / Like

Hello From So Cal

Hi everyone!
    My name is Joe and I am from Whittier, Ca. For as long as I can remember I've always been a car guy and I instantly fell in love with the 427 Cobra, from the sexy body lines to the amazing sound of power coming from the exhaust which made the ground rumble. It was love at first sight and knew that someday I would have one. Fast forward 40 years and I'm now in a position to pull the trigger on my own FFR MK4 Roadster. I've been dreaming about it for such a long time I almost can't believe I'm knocking at FFR's front door.

One of the things I considered, and ultimately became the deciding factor for me, was the community available to everyone. I look forward to building friendships and hopefully meeting some of you. As much as I need advice from all of you, I would hope that someday I may be able to offer help and advice after completing my car.

I've decided to go with a Coyote in my build but unsure about many things, like transmission selection, manual or automatic, heater/defroster, A/C, do I need wipers in in California, paint & body, pros and cons, pitfalls etc. Basically, if you were ordering a kit today, what would you order, how would you opt for? I promise I am very accepting your suggestions and advice. Also, I would like to offer a helping hand to anyone local to me that may want or need help with your build. I figure if I could be of service that I might learn something and make a new friend to boot.

Happy to be here,

Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Joe, we have a 4.6 Mod Motor build in the shop right now (very similar to the Coyote). Perhaps you'd like to come by and check it out? We can answer any questions you may have. PM us here through the forum or on facebook.

Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Joe!

Welcome to the forum. Where are you located? So-Cal is a big place and there are lots of builders, so it you tell us where you are maybe we can get you to a local breakfast or something.

re: Coyote build, there are several going on now, and it seems to be the hot ticket nowadays. It's a big motor! How tall are you? Height may have an impact on motor selection!

Lot's more to cover obviously, but we're glad you're here!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, Joe.

I am getting close to wrapping up a MK-IV build with a Coyote here in Southern California. I’ve been at it about 18 months and have enjoyed every minute. I have received a ton of help from this forum group and like so many others, happy to pass on what others have taught me. The options you mentioned are all viable but totally dependent on your personal list of wants and needs. Keeping it forever? Fun toy for a while? How, when and where do you want to drive? Ask all the questions you can think of and people will share their experiences but remember that the decisions are yours. Build the car you want and have fun.
    -Steve
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks very much, I will keep that in mind. I'm hoping the new gen 3 coyote will be available soon. But heck, price will play an important role come decision time. Thanks again.

Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Hodgkins View Post
    Joe!

Welcome to the forum. Where are you located? So-Cal is a big place and there are lots of builders, so it you tell us where you are maybe we can get you to a local breakfast or something.

re: Coyote build, there are several going on now, and it seems to be the hot ticket nowadays. It's a big motor! How tall are you? Height may have an impact on motor selection!

Lot's more to cover obviously, but we're glad you're here!

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply. I am in the city of Whittier near the happiest place on earth (Disneyland). I never thought that my stature would play a role in this but anyway I'm 5'7".
    As for a local breakfast, I'd be honored to attend no matter the space between us.

Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Straversi View Post
    Welcome, Joe.

I am getting close to wrapping up a MK-IV build with a Coyote here in Southern California. I’ve been at it about 18 months and have enjoyed every minute.
    I have received a ton of help from this forum group and like so many others, happy to pass on what others have taught me. The options you mentioned are all viable but totally dependent on your personal list of wants and needs. Keeping it forever? Fun toy for a while? How, when and where do you want to drive? Ask all the questions you can think of and people will share their experiences but remember that the decisions are yours. Build the car you want and have fun.
    -Steve
    Hi Steve,
    Pleasure to hear from you. Believe it or not, your build thread is the one I was looking at yesterday. Pretty cool! I plan on keeping until I'm in the ground, maybe my son will want it by then but who knows, the car gene skipped a generation so he's a budding musician. This would not be a daily driver bet rather a weekender, occasional drag strip or perhaps autocross. I understand the new gen 3 coyote will be available later this year so I'm hoping the go with this engine, also considering Ford's new 10-speed automatic. I will also need to figure out if the ABS is a possibility. I'm pretty close RPV so maybe I'll you driving around soon.

Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum. Get air!Roger

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gtaroger View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Get air!Roger
    Hi Roger,
    I'd love to get air. That is if you mean getting air under the front tires on "take off".