Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Alternative to Alex's Glove box

Post Thanks / Like

Alternative to Alex's Glove box

Alex at acroadsterinteriors.com is MIA.
    I have emailed him over the last three months and my emails get rejected for mailbox full. I call him and his voice mail is full.
    No way I'm sending a check to someone I can't contact for three months.

Are there any alternatives?
    I have a Mk1 and need a shallow glove box because I have a heater.
    Mark
    Mk1, Frame #1929 Complete restoration/upgrade. BP 347 with Edelbrock PF4 439/420. 4 link with coilovers. 8.8 3.55, 15” Halibrand, New beefed up T5 w/short throw shifter, Power 4 wheel disc brakes, Custom original style steering wheel, shaft and boss, Heat/AC, Heated seats, PPW wipers w/washers, Forte’s throttle linkage, RT trunk hoop mod, Pusher cooling fans, full LED lighting, custom headrests, 5 point seat belts with sub pass through, Speedhut GPS gauges, battery drop box in trunk, LED courtesy lights, Breeze trunk cubby kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    FWIW, that's a common story. He does fill his orders though. Just not always real fast. Understand your reluctance though. It's unsettling. I don't know of any alternatives other than fabbing one yourself.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    I recently got some items from Alex, hang in there.

Post Thanks / Like
    It took a little while, but I received my glove box from him, with the door covered in the leather I sent him. I agree it's frustrating dealing with people that don't manage their email or voicemail, but not everyone grew up in the tech age and for a lot of these small vendors, this is more of a hobby than a business, and treat it as such.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was considering 3D modeling a shallow glove box and 3D printing it before I found out about Alex's boxes. If he's that hard to get ahold of, maybe I'll go back to plan #1. At the rate I'm going, It will be awhile. Hopefully, he'll clean out his in box by then.
    Last edited by Yama-Bro; 05-09-2018 at 01:52 PM.
    Started dreaming of a Cobra around 1987
    Purchased Complete Kit 6/9/2017, Delivered 9/4/2017, Rolling Chassis 3/30/2018, Engine Dyno'ed 3/4/2022, Engine installed 8/27/2022
    Click here for my build thread
    Serial #9158
    Design Engineer at BluePrint Engines

Post Thanks / Like
    What is a "little while? "

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dthquazi View Post
    What is a "little while? "
    I received my glovebox back about 4-5 weeks after I sent him the leather and payment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks all. I’m not frustrated, just wasn’t sure if he was still doing the glove boxes. I know this is not his “day job” so I understand it may take longer than usual. I do want to communicate before sending a check out.
    Thanks again!
    Mark
    Mk1, Frame #1929 Complete restoration/upgrade. BP 347 with Edelbrock PF4 439/420. 4 link with coilovers. 8.8 3.55, 15” Halibrand, New beefed up T5 w/short throw shifter, Power 4 wheel disc brakes, Custom original style steering wheel, shaft and boss, Heat/AC, Heated seats, PPW wipers w/washers, Forte’s throttle linkage, RT trunk hoop mod, Pusher cooling fans, full LED lighting, custom headrests, 5 point seat belts with sub pass through, Speedhut GPS gauges, battery drop box in trunk, LED courtesy lights, Breeze trunk cubby kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    I got my glove box from him over the winter. Quality is first rate, and the dash material is way better the the FFR stuff. Took him 4 weeks and after he got my payment to ship it. He let me know there was delay due to a material lead time issue after he got my check. He’s done a lot of glove boxes for forum guys and I’m positive you won’t get ripped off. It might take 4 weeks but it’s worth it.
    Mk4, Moser M88 rear end, Eaton truetrak, Craft Racing 461 Windsor, MMR pro trans, Glenn’s 1,000 hp cobra fuel system and lots of other parts.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just called Alex again. He answered, said he has a couple of the gloveboxes of the depth I am looking for. As soon as he gets my check it'll be sent out.
    Mark