Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 33 Hot Rod upper controll arm ball joint

Post Thanks / Like

33 Hot Rod upper controll arm ball joint

I have removed the ball joint on the lower control arm so I can do powder coating, this is a press fit ball joint.

I would like to remove the ball joint on the upper control arm to do the same, I have it free spinning and do not see any spring clips. Is this press fit or is it a 2 part and threaded together.

Who is the manufacture of the ball joints as I would also like to change the dust boots to black.IMG_3393.JPGIMG_3394.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    That is a threaded sleeve connection to the A-arm.
    There should be a tack weld on the top at the edge of the Hex. Cut that away with a grinder then unscrew the joint.

IIRC some have posted that those blue boots stayed on better than the black ones that came with earlier kits.
    There should be good quality black boots out there too, so someone will pop up with the part number soon.
    HTH
    Dale
    7L Hemi 33

Post Thanks / Like
    Dale

Thanks for the info

Is the ball joint threaded to each other or is the sleeve it sits in threaded. I have it loose from the tack weld but need to unscrew from the ball joint side as the hex will not turn fully due to hitting part of the arm.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Got it figured

The entire ball joint screws out from the top side, I had to grind a little more than wanted to get it to turn out completely but will be no problem welding it back up.
    IMG_3399.JPG
    Thanks Dale