Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Tko600 to lentech aod

Post Thanks / Like

Tko600 to lentech aod

Looking for some input on people who have went from a tko600 tremec to a lentech aod . I have the opportunity to get a used low kms lentech aod with transbrake . It’s the street terminator plus with strip terminator valve body with transbrake with the lentech finned aluminum pan on it . My motor is a 331 stroker . I’m in go cart stage and took car for ride last summer and enjoyed it but thinking this lentech has lots of stuff done to it . Also autos are more consistent. What’s some of yours guys thoughts on switching tko600 to lentech . Thanks for all your opinions .

Post Thanks / Like
    If you want an auto trans, go for it. I understand the advantages. Most of the guys on the Mustang forum that are somewhat serious amateur level drag racers buy the auto trans car. I would however try to do the swap in such a way that it is reversible. Simple thing like leave the clutch pedal in there and block it at a height that it can be a rest for your left foot. If you decide to sell sometime an auto trans probably eliminates 90% of potential buyers.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.