Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: rock chips and paint protection

Post Thanks / Like

rock chips and paint protection

I will be driving my car on back country roads often.

They are not new pavement or even clean pavement.
    I keep a good distance from cars in front of me to protect the front of the car from chips.

I am going to be putting PPF (Xpel brand clear film) on the back bottom behind the tires and the lower portion of the pontoons in the front. Im also thinking the portion of the car in front of the rear tires that widens.

I will be applying the film myself.

Where all have you guys protected your paint? What other areas should I plan to get rock chips and apply film now to my freshly painted car? I was considering mud flaps for the rear also. anyone done something like that? perhaps ones I can remove easily when I go to a car show.

Post Thanks / Like
    I once saw an older mustang pull into a car show with temp mud flaps. The flaps were some type of plastic sheet and they were held onto the rear fenders with small spring clamps.
    Doug
    FFR 7995
    347 SBF Prestige Mototsports, Moser 8.8 (3.31) 3 Link, TKO 600, Nitto 555s, 17" Halibrands, PS, AC, Heat, Color Redfire Pearl, with Wimbledon White Stripes

Post Thanks / Like
    One of my brothers had a 70 Mach 1 and he did just what Doug is saying. He used the large spring style paper clamps used to hold documents such as contracts etc