Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Gen 3 sheet metal updates.

Post Thanks / Like

Gen 3 sheet metal updates.

I got the updated sheetmetal for my coupe. Most of it I can easily see what it replaces. All of the items are wheel liner type stuff. looks like they did a complete redesign of the front wheel wells.
    for those of you installing the side engine cover plates or wheel well liners WAIT. new metal parts are on the way.

It also came with rear hatch hinges that are a bit longer. the added length will allow the rear hatch to actually adjust so you can open it. I spent hours trying to adjust the old hinges so the hatch glass would not contact the roof when opening.

there are two plates that I can not figure out though.

for any of you that got them already. they are the smallest aluminum plates about 6"x6" and looks like a roll bar cutout in them. Where do those go?

I'm hoping right behind my head when I'm driving. I noticed a large gap in the wheel wells there that allows stones to get thrown into the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by forcefed1 View Post
    I got the updated sheetmetal for my coupe. Most of it I can easily see what it replaces. All of the items are wheel liner type stuff. looks like they did a complete redesign of the front wheel wells.
    for those of you installing the side engine cover plates or wheel well liners WAIT. new metal parts are on the way.

It also came with rear hatch hinges that are a bit longer. the added length will allow the rear hatch to actually adjust so you can open it. I spent hours trying to adjust the old hinges so the hatch glass would not contact the roof when opening.

there are two plates that I can not figure out though.

for any of you that got them already. they are the smallest aluminum plates about 6"x6" and looks like a roll bar cutout in them. Where do those go?

I'm hoping right behind my head when I'm driving. I noticed a large gap in the wheel wells there that allows stones to get thrown into the car.
    I'm not at home this week, but I don't recall the 6 x 6 pieces you're describing. I received three updated panel pairs, one pair of new parts, and the revised hatch hinges. Just checked my build thread where I talked about it plus pictured the new design front wheel inside splash panels. Unless someone else knows, maybe you should call Factory Five and ask? Will be curious what you find out.

I think that hole in the upper front part of the rear wheel well is covered by one of the new pieces you received. It's a small piece with a lot of pretty complicated bends. Not mentioned in any of the instructions or part listings. But for the rear wheel well.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Waiting for my 65 Coupe nskaats's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Following
    --Nick Skaats--
    Gen 3 Coupe #80 - LS1/T56 - SCCA Bound
    Link To Album For Updates

Post Thanks / Like
    My update is scheduled to arrive tomorrow so I'll be following along as well to see where everything goes... you know, for 2 years in the future when I'm ready for that part
    Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe builder

Post Thanks / Like
    Following.
    Gen3 Coupe - SOLD Arrival: 6/21/18 SOLD: 4/12/2019
    Current Vehicle: 2014 SRT Viper (modded to the moon), 2022 TRX, 2014 RS6, E46 LS3 M3
    Current Projects: Superlite/RCR GTR ***FOR SALE***
    @madd_wrapps on IG or www.maddwrapps.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Any pictures y'all can post would be helpful. I have chassis #77, so I *think* i may have the new parts, but not sure...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlirium View Post
    Any pictures y'all can post would be helpful. I have chassis #77, so I *think* i may have the new parts, but not sure...
    This is a picture of the updated splash panels next to the older ones still mounted on my build. If you have these, you probably have the other updates.

Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    My new parts showed up. There are new 3 new front splash shield parts for each side, 2 new rear wheel front splash shield parts to seal off the body roll cage area (1 per side) and new hatch hinge parts.
    Anyone figure out how the rear seal parts fit? I had a look at them and have no idea how they fit.
    David W
    Mkll 4874 built in 2004
    Gen 3 coupe #16 registered 2018 painted 2019

Post Thanks / Like
    I figured them out.
    they don't close it off completely but they are a huge improvement.

ill get a photo to show you.