After 25 months in construction, I finally have my 2016 Mk IV on the road in Texas. I built the car with an all-new 5.0 Gen2 Coyote I bought from Roush Racing in Detroit, the day after I attended Build School in Michigan. I got the Quicktime bell housing Powermaster starter. After a recent stop (luckily outside my house) the starter did not engage when I attempted to fire it back up.
A good friend and I pulled the starter and lubricated the gear shaft and reinstalled it. Still did not engage. I called Roush who immediately offered to forward a new starter to me. I asked them to hold a bit until we were more confident of the problem. We then tried rocking the car to move the flywheel a bit and then turned the key. Started right up.
In the 10 days since, it has started properly about 8 out of 10 times. When I get the grinding noise, I repeat the slight rocking action to move the flywheel and it starts.
So far, Roush has been responsive to my questions and stands ready to stand behind their warranty. I hope! They mounted the flywheel when I bought the engine.

The Tremec 600 I bought from Roush has a slight leak on the top where the mid shifter (they installed) is mounted.
They appear to be ready to pay for that repair, once I pull the tranny and take it to their guy in Ft Worth. If I have to pull the tranny, it is obviously a good time to check the flywheel for whatever might be wrong. i.e. gear ring backwards or whatever.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.