Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Another step closer

Post Thanks / Like

Another step closer

Learned this week that my Mk4 kit is on a Stewart truck on its way to Phoenix after a 6 week delay from the original ship date (). They'll be transferring from a dry van truck to their crane truck in Phoenix before they deliver to me in CO. Sharing that just so others that may be in the same boat have an idea of what to expect. I'm assuming that the winter sale went well for FFR and they got backed up making deliveries across the country. Guessing at this point that I'll probably see my kit early next week sometime.

Also got a notification that FFR shipped a package to me that weighs 22 lbs but I have no idea what it might be since I haven't received my kit yet with the bill of materials. Any guesses??

Post Thanks / Like
    My kit was just delivered this afternoon and I got the same shipping notification. It is some of the back ordered parts from your original production date. Mine was finished on 4/21, but didn't get to me until today. I assume your kit was behind mine on the truck... The kit directly behind mine had a production date of 4/14 on the sticker

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks - that's what I was guessing on the package shipment. My production finish date was actually 3/31/18. It was supposed to be loaded the following week but it's been delayed week after week (for a large variety of reasons...) since then.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Congrats to you both!

Exciting times indeed!

The shipment could be anything back-ordered, so who know what the surprise is...

If either of you need help with any forum related issues let me know.

I look forward to following both of your builds!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for posting this, it is good to know. My Type 65 Coupe kit is not going to be completed until Saturday. So far, nobody has told me about a delay but I expect to hear something soon. I am over in Parker CO, pretty close to where you are I would guess. Please feel free to reach out if you need another set of hands at times. Good luck with your build.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JMeyer914 View Post

Also got a notification that FFR shipped a package to me that weighs 22 lbs but I have no idea what it might be since I haven't received my kit yet with the bill of materials. Any guesses??
    That's the manual

Post Thanks / Like
    Wait, there's a manual?
    FFR MK4 Delivered 5/15/2018 - First Go Cart 10/5/2019: https://youtu.be/kPK89IgWJ0g
    2015 F150 Coyote 4x4 - 2017 Shelby GT350R - 1969 Mustang Convertible - 1962 Falcon Ranchero 302/T5/3.80s
    IG: @sandmans_ford_garage

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JMan View Post
    Wait, there's a manual?
    Manual smanual. Instructions are just someone else's opinion on how to put it together. I don't know about you... but I have a big bin of parts I consider trophies of times I figured out a more efficient way of assembly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Clover View Post
    Manual smanual. Instructions are just someone else's opinion on how to put it together. I don't know about you... but I have a big bin of parts I consider trophies of times I figured out a more efficient way of assembly.
    LOL....you made my day

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Clover View Post
    I hear you, you should see my garage. I'm actually kinda looking forward to building something that was actually designed to be compatible. All of my previous builds had zero instructions what-so-ever. Actually, truth be told, I'm looking forward to building something that didn't start as a rust-bucket, which both my classics did.
    FFR MK4 Delivered 5/15/2018 - First Go Cart 10/5/2019: https://youtu.be/kPK89IgWJ0g
    2015 F150 Coyote 4x4 - 2017 Shelby GT350R - 1969 Mustang Convertible - 1962 Falcon Ranchero 302/T5/3.80s
    IG: @sandmans_ford_garage

Post Thanks / Like
    Turns out the first package to arrive was the front lower control arms and their hardware. Now I just need a kit to put them on!