Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hyperfest Event This Saturday

President, Factory Five Racing Dave Smith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hyperfest Event This Saturday

I am heading down to VIR (Virginia International Raceway) to attend the 2018 Hyperfest event this weekend. Chris Cobetto from NASA Mid-Atlantic manages the event, and asked me if we (FFR) could provide a few Coupes for the racecar rides. I've asked Wayne Presley to help me with driving customer hot laps. I will be bringing two Coupes, the 5.2L-powered red Coupe above and my trusty old Gen 1 #5 blue and white track car. The weather doesn't look great, but I'm hoping for the best since my Coupe-R has slicks that don't like the wet. The other Coupe has a new set of 888R's on it which work sort of ok in the wet, but they're not rain tires so if it rains, I'll run old #5, and whoever gets a ride will really get a fun sideways-most-of-the-time ride. I think tickets are $35. Hope to see you at Hyperfest. More event details here.
    Dave Smith, FFR 001
    President
    Factory Five Racing

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Lookin' great Dave!

Have fun, and keep 'er wheels down!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave-

Are you bringing any other cars down with you, or just the two coupes? Just curious if there will be an opportunity to take some pics of other cars from the fleet...

Safe travels.

Regards,

Steve

President, Factory Five Racing Dave Smith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Steve! Hope to see you there. I am sending my driver Chris down with only the two Coupes for the hot laps program of Hyperfest (called race car rides). Wayne and I have driving duties all day in HPDE 3 and 4 but there will be breaks in between sessions and we'll hang by the two car trailer in the paddocks.. but we are not bringing any other cars as this is a support for the crew at NASA Mid Atlantic. Also, we might only be able to run one car if its raining casue my red 5.2L coupe has only slicks and they aint runnin in the wet. The other coupe (my old trusty #5) is wearing some sorta OK tires for wet.. Dave
    Dave Smith, FFR 001
    President
    Factory Five Racing

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave-

I think it is terrific that you do things like this. My coupe kit is scheduled for completion this coming Saturday and I still have never gotten the chance to see a Type 65 Coupe in person or ever ride in any FF but boy would I jump at this chance if I lived anywhere near there. I know I could have traveled out to the factory but I was never able to make it work. Now, I am going to Mass this weekend for my brother in laws graduation from Amhurst but I don't think I am going to have time to swing by the Factory, and even if I did, it sounds like both Coupes will be on the road thrilling the masses. Please make sure to make someone giggle like a school girl around the track for me.

p.s. Would it be okay to send doughnuts or pizza or something to the factory to thank those working on completing my kit this Saturday? I figure I am going to be in the area, maybe I could get them a little treat as a thank you.

Webmaster, FFR
    Post Thanks / Like
    Clover - If you are able to come by Factory Five this weekend, we do have our Gen 3 Coupe street car in the showroom that you can check out. Hope you can find some time to swing by Friday or Saturday morning!
    Dave Lindsey
    FFR's Mad Dog