Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Looking For Roadster Builds Around Columbus, OH

Post Thanks / Like

Looking For Roadster Builds Around Columbus, OH

Hey Guys....I'm looking for anyone that is currently building a Roadster in the general vicinity of Columbus, OH. I live in Newark, about 35 miles east of Columbus, and I would love to have a first hand look at a Roadster build in progress. I'm also happy to assist in any way. PM me if any of you are willing to entertain a novice builder.

Thanks in advance.....Greg

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hey Greg,

Consider going to the London Cobra Show and you'll see plenty of cars.

https://www.londoncobrashow.com/london-cobra-show

Might be a great time to take a little road trip for a Staycation!

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDadGo View Post
    Hey Greg,

Consider going to the London Cobra Show and you'll see plenty of cars.

https://www.londoncobrashow.com/london-cobra-show

Might be a great time to take a little road trip for a Staycation!

Steve
    Hi Steve,

I was drooling over the prospect of the London Cobra show until I looked at my calendar. I almost started crying when I saw that the Cobra show was on the same weekend that I will be out of town. Unfortunately, but not for lack of trying, I tried to move the out of town weekend but the other parties involved couldn't change it up so I'll have to wait until 2022. What a drag.

Post Thanks / Like
    Another option, if your looking to get you hands dirty (so to speak) is the build school (https://www.factoryfive.com/build-school/). The school is currently $799.00, but you get to take $250.00 off of your kit cost after completing the course.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in Dublin OH if you wanted to check things out. I'm pretty much done w/ my build with a few random small tasks left, waiting for my turn with Kleiner for body/paint. PM me if interested in coming over to take a look.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GT53 View Post
    Hi Steve,

I was drooling over the prospect of the London Cobra show until I looked at my calendar. I almost started crying when I saw that the Cobra show was on the same weekend that I will be out of town. Unfortunately, but not for lack of trying, I tried to move the out of town weekend but the other parties involved couldn't change it up so I'll have to wait until 2022. What a drag.
    Obviously don't know your exact schedule. But there's plenty of activity on Thursday and Friday (June 24 and 25) at the host hotel Marriott Columbus Northwest in Dublin. Including a cruise-in Thursday 5-8 at Der Dutchman in Plain City. Friday night everyone's at the hotel with food trucks, etc. Not exactly the same as the show in downtown London on Saturday but still a chance to see a lot of cars and talk to owners.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rthomas98 View Post
    You could also reach out to Forma Cars they are in your area and typically have a few roadsters around plus some some in some stage of build. They are in Columbus. That was how I was able to sit in one (I am a larger guy). They are a vendor on this Forum as well.
    https://www.formacars.com/
    Chris at Formacars is a great guy. He let me visit his facilities and look at what they have going on (usually a couple of cobras and daytonas various stages of the build). They seem to do some custom restomod touches w/ 3D printing of custom parts as well. Definitely worth a trip. They are located off Wilson Rd in West Columbus.