Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Rear IRS wrong control arms shipped

Post Thanks / Like

Rear IRS wrong control arms shipped

As a follow up to my post a few weeks back re: having been sent pin drive control arms instead of the standard width ones.
    I finally got to speak with Jeff at Whitby Motorcars, and he said Factory Five does not carry the standard width control arms for the older IRS system from the T-Bird. He did say he'd check to see what he could find. It's now been a few weeks, and I haven't heard anything. All the documentation, including order, and packing slips show standard width. I've already sandblasted, and painted the knuckles, had custom delrin bushings made, replaced the bearings, and hubs so I could have a 5x5 pattern. Does anyone have any ideas? Are the older IRS control arms available somewhere. I can't seem to get an solid response from Whitby. They also were suppose to ship 2 rear 750lb springs. One showed up as a 350lb. The response was to put it on the passenger side because my wife was probably lighter than me. A joke I suppose. That was over a year ago, and still no 750lb spring. Does anyone have better luck with other vendors. If so, who are they?

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure you will have much luck finding them. Maybe a good weld shop could modify yours?
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Put a want to buy or trade on the other forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know how people can get away with supplying the wrong parts, that are paid for, when the order and packing slip show a totally different part #. I paid for these and they shipped the wrong parts. I was charged $475.00 for the incorrect pieces. Which was paid. Before shipment.This seems criminal. I now, can't even get a response.

Forte's Parts Connection
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    I have a pair of lower control arms & I think upper arms. I need to look at them to determine if they are standard or pin drive width...
    Mike Forte: Forte's Parts Connection / Framingham, Mass. 01702 / 508 875 0016 / [email protected] / fortesparts.com / Facebook Instagram: @fortespartconnection Est: 1981 dealing performance parts to build your dream car. A REAL SPEED SHOP with parts, price & knowledge. Developer of the early Ford & FE Tremec and Mustang firewall adjustable quadrant kits, external slave clutch release conversions & cable release conversions. Tremec Elite, FORD RACING & QUICKTIME DISTRIBUTOR!

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you called and talked to Factory Five? I find it hard to believe they don't have these parts. They surly have spares to cover repairs for accidents and the like. It may not show up on the website but I'd bet they have a few some place.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Mike, and Rich. Mike I was going to call you anyways, Talk soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's ridiculous , Whitby's need's to correct their mistake or at least work with you. Leaving you hanging is not acceptable. I can't find them as a supporting vendor on the factoryfive forum website, maybe theres a reason for that.
    MK4 #9130 , complete kit, arrived 8/10/2017, Street Legal 2/14/2020.
    DART SHP 347, EFI, TKO600, IRS
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...n-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Just an FYI. The older standard width IRS control arms are no longer available. The Pin drive ones I have that were shipped by mistake, are not usable, and Whitby hasn't responded with a resolution. I called Mike Forte. He said he might have some. he checked for me, no luck there either. I called factory five, they said they are out of production, but they still have the jigs, and they will custom fabricate the set for me. They said about 4 weeks. So. I have the older pin drive type control arms here, if anyone needs a set. If I hadn't already sandblasted, and painted the diff, and knuckles, and pressed in new bearings, and hubs, I probably would have gone with the updated IRS. It sounds like a nice unit. This sure is frustrating though.