Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Gen 3: Front Harness Routing Question

Post Thanks / Like

Gen 3: Front Harness Routing Question

All,

I'm stuck. The front harness that comes with the Ron Francis wiring kit looks like it should come out the drivers Foot box somewhere, but there isn't anything clear in the manuals (Ron Francis or FFR) as to where the recommended exit is for optimal routing to the front headlights, etc. I'm ready to take the engine panels to Powder Coating as soon as I figure out where to punch the hole, but that's where I could use the help of the collective. On the Drivers side, there is an upper frame part that runs to the top of the front shock (the yellow path) and a cross piece that runs diagonally down (the red path). Each requires a different point at which to punch through the foot box panel (either yellow hole or red hole). Take a look at the attached picture.

Part of the problem as that I can't really visualize the final destination of the wires, so I don't know if the upper path or lower path is better. Or maybe you've gone a different direction?

I sure would appreciate any input you may have!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a gen 2 but seems like things are transferable. To me it seems like the upper route makes more sense.

John
    Finished the "My Coupe, my way" project.

http://s956.photobucket.com/albums/ae46/jdcoupe1969/
    Coupe #386,17" Team III 245 FR 315 RR, 3-link, T5, 4 wheel disk, power brakes/steering. Sniper EFI
    First start Sept. 18 2013 First go kart Sept 19 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks - I don’t know how a Gen 2 front end compares to the Gen 3. Would love to hear from anyone that has run a front harness on a Gen 3!

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is how i did it. Keep in mind this RF harness has been extensively modified to fit the coupe.

Post Thanks / Like
    I drilled a hole just under the one for the clutch cable for the front harness. The other side has the steering shaft and accelerator pedal so not as much room. I also tried to hide the wires as much as possible under the frame rails.
    David W
    Mkll 4874 built in 2004
    Gen 3 coupe #16 registered 2018 painted 2019

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys, big help!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by michael everson View Post
    Here is how i did it. Keep in mind this RF harness has been extensively modified to fit the coupe.

Thanks Michael, appreciate the feedback! I'm definitely out of my comfort zone at the electrical stage :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    the reason I went high instead of low is because if you go low like near the clutch cable, there is no easy way to get the wires behind the dash without being seen from inside the car.
    Mike