Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Type 65 coupe engine question.

Post Thanks / Like

Type 65 coupe engine question.

I like the 65 coupe but I was wondering if there is any way that I could mount a LS engine in the coupe instead of a ford engine?
    I'm planning on getting one as soon as I get back on my feet.
    Last edited by GEN1Dawg91; 07-26-2011 at 04:02 AM. Reason: typing error

Post Thanks / Like
    The Type 65 Coupe is set up for a Ford 289/302/351 small block only. To use an LS engine you would have to fabricate headers and motor/trans mounts. It is not a direct bolt in job.

Best regards,
    Brian Zakrzewski
    FFR Tech & Sales

Trick Tool Maker, Super Moderator Hankl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    As Brian said, its not a bolt in, but we encourage you to build the car as you see fit. Motor mounts and exhaust would be the two items that you would have to handle without help from FFR, but there have been several cars(Roadsters/Coupe)built with the LS engine. For the exhaust, if there are "Shorty" headers for the heads, like they have for the Ford 302's, that would help save you from fabricating a totally new system, not that making a new system would not have some significant benefits over a shorty header. On the motor mounts, I see that as being one of the simpler things to modify/fabricate.

Hank
    “If you didn’t have enough time to do it right the first time. How come you always have time to go back and do it again?” FFR1000186CP

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.