Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Has anyone used an inline hydraulic brake?

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone used an inline hydraulic brake?

I’m installing a hydraulic brake and checking if anyone has experience and feedback on it?

Thanks for your feedback

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you're referring to an inline block valve for a parking brake and if you're looking for general feedback (not specific to the 818) -- then yes. There are at least two universal style out there designed for parking brakes, they work good, easy to install, allowed me to run 15" wheels with 12.19" rotors. But it's not an emergency brake.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey NAZ, are you willing to share which two universal style valves you've found that work well? I'm still on the fence about finishing my mechanical parking brake in favor of hydraulic. And always looking for options.

TJ

Post Thanks / Like
    They work but if trying to get past inspection it will most likely be a problem. There are some slick electric stand alone calipers on the market these days. Nice one on the Tesla
    MKII "Little Boy". 432CI all aluminum Windsor. .699 solid roller, DA Koni shocks, aluminum IRS, Straight cut dog ring T-5, 13" four piston Brembos, Bogart wheels. BOOM!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a manual hyd valve on another car of mine. It is located in the floor, in front of the drivers seat.
    I press the brake pedal and move the lever to block the line to the brakes. The car is has an auto trans and I use the brake when parking on hills, otherwise the car sits in park on level surfaces.
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ones I've use were Scat #70291, $25.99 from Summit Racing; and Speedway Park-Loc, $29.99 from Speedway Motors.

Like Mike said, not sure if these will be accepted by some states -- they are not "emergency brakes". My wife's new Mercedes has an electrically operated parking brake not an emergency brake. Cars and light trucks have been required for decades now to have separate front & rear brake systems so it's debatable that a true emergency brake is still needed. Of course, if required by your licensing jurisdiction then you got to have one.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know this isn't directly an answer, but I used a driveshaft-mounted brake from AP Racing once - looked identical to this thread:

https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-parking-brake
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100

Post Thanks / Like
    Great information. thanks for the feedback.