Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Racing / track time in the Great Lakes area

Post Thanks / Like

Racing / track time in the Great Lakes area

Is anyone racing or planning on track time in the Great Lakes area?

Sure would like to meet and watch. I'm trying to learn what makes the Roadster, in particular the Challenge Car work on the track.

Jim
    In Grand Rapids, MI, about an hour from Gingerman and 20 minutes from Grattan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Jim. There's this as part of the London Cobra Show: http://midohio.com/mid-ohio-courses/...cobraclubevent.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's the NASA Great Lakes schedule: http://nasagreatlakes.com/Schedule.aspx

This weekend there's an event at Mid-Ohio but it's lightly attended by the FFR group, which is rare.

The Gingerman event this year is June 23-24. There will probably be 3 or 4 there.

Hopefully I'll be at Autobahn in August and there'll be probably be 4 or 5 there.

Feel free to stop on by, barge in and chat. The group is pretty easy going. The cars are pretty reliable and easy on parts.
    FFR Spec Racer

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks all. The Gingerman event would be great but it's the same weekend as London. I'll try for Autobahn.
    Sure wish there was more track activity. Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    I think we all wish that. It's been tough making it to the track for me the last few years. Our second and last kid was born last fall and I'm hoping next year will see more track time.

Hope to see you at Autobahn.
    FFR Spec Racer