Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Axle angle inquiry

Post Thanks / Like

Axle angle inquiry

Hey guys just putting my driveline together and noticed that with the engine and transmission in place the knuckles seem further back then the transmission. What I mean is the axles have some angle to them different then the lower links on the rear suspension. From the knuckle end they travel forward about 3/4” to the trans. I have Cusco engine and transmission mounts and vcp lower arms (centred in adjustment) and just wanted to know if this is a normal angle to have. I can’t for the life of me find a picture online with the camera angle I’m looking for. (Straight down from above the rear knuckle). Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Matter View Post
    Hey guys just putting my driveline together and noticed that with the engine and transmission in place the knuckles seem further back then the transmission. What I mean is the axles have some angle to them different then the lower links on the rear suspension. From the knuckle end they travel forward about 3/4” to the trans. I have Cusco engine and transmission mounts and vcp lower arms (centred in adjustment) and just wanted to know if this is a normal angle to have. I can’t for the life of me find a picture online with the camera angle I’m looking for. (Straight down from above the rear knuckle). Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.
    To set the length of the lower trailing arms, I just laid the next to the OEM bars and set them the same length.

If the axles a slightly angled, it doesn't hurt anything. After you get the body on, you might want to go back and adjust the lower control arm length to center the wheel to the body.
    Here is a straight on shot of my rear right tire.
    3P1050401c.jpg
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't use the bodywork to reference critical measurements. Square your wheelbase, then adjust bodywork for symmetry.

4. Thanks Hojo thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys. Appreciate the prompt replies. I just thought it was odd the axle had a slightly different angle from the lower bars when looking down from the top.