Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Be safe out there! Single Car Cobra crash. :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Be safe out there! Single Car Cobra crash. :(

"Police said speed may have been a factor. The circumstances of the crash were not confirmed."

EL SEGUNDO (CBSLA) – One person was killed when a Shelby Cobra sports car crashed on a major roadway in El Segundo Tuesday evening.

One Killed In Vintage Sports Car Wreck In El Segundo
    (CBS2)

The single-car wreck occurred on Vista Del Mar sometime before 6:15 p.m. Tuesday. One person died. The victim’s name was not disclosed.

--------------------

This Backdraft (EDIT: ERA - Thanks Mario) was at the recent HB show. My deepest condolences to the family. PLEASE DRIVE SAFE out there!

EDIT: See Below. As of 10:20 am 5/23/18 This article is WRONG:(EDIT: As of 1pm 5/23 no definitive answer if 2 were in the car)

Car Crash in El Secundo - CBS Los Angeles
    Last edited by David Hodgkins; 05-23-2018 at 03:08 PM.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thank God, NOT a fatality!

I just got off the phone with someone in the know.

Apparently the driver is in the ICU with broken ribs and vertebrae. Hit the curb, flipped twice.

Prayers needed please (my request)
    Last edited by David Hodgkins; 05-23-2018 at 12:33 PM.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered

Post Thanks / Like
    Owner/Driver is in I.C.U. Cuts, Scrapes, and lacerations. Vertebrae C6 & 7 have fractures that are bruising the spinal cord so they will fuse them later today. Spinal cord is intact.... no bleeding in the spinal column.
    Pressing the thin pedal on the right is more fun than I ever imagined !!!!
    MK 3.1 IRS, 392, TKO 600, Manual Brakes & Steering, Pin Drive 17"
    Thanks to Paul for all his help !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    That's a buddy of mine and he only recently got his ERA (not a Backdraft) sorted out. What Mikey says is correct. He's apparently doing ok in the hospital but has a long road to full recovery. I'm hoping that news article was wrong about the fatality. If not why would they close down that corridor overnight for the investigation? Maybe they do that for life threatening injury cases as well? Really hoping there wasn't a passenger.

Mario

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mario, you're right. Nothing is mentioned about one or two people in the car. First post updated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I should have done screen shots of this coverage. This is the 3rd version as of 1:10pm! NO editor comments.

It's has been updated to 2 injured. The driver is in critical condition.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am very glad the passenger was ok however I'm less than thrilled about the way things were reported. Seems like they were just going to dramatic headlines. Guess I shouldn't be too surprised. Still... really glad everyone survived. I'll give it a couple days and then it'll be ok to mourn for the car.

Mario

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Hodgkins View Post
    Thank God, NOT a fatality!

I just got off the phone with someone in the know.

Apparently the driver is in the ICU with broken ribs and vertebrae. Hit the curb, flipped twice.

Prayers needed please (my request)
    Happily done per your request sir, glad things seem to be improving!
    Gen3 Coupe - SOLD Arrival: 6/21/18 SOLD: 4/12/2019
    Current Vehicle: 2014 SRT Viper (modded to the moon), 2022 TRX, 2014 RS6, E46 LS3 M3
    Current Projects: Superlite/RCR GTR ***FOR SALE***
    @madd_wrapps on IG or www.maddwrapps.com

Post Thanks / Like
    HIS angels must have been flying very near and very fast around this car. Very thankful there were no fatalities. Prayers being sent. If the "FFamily" can do anything to help, please post here to ask.
    Jazzman

MKIV #8745 "Flip Top" Roadster, Custom Tilt front, Coyote Engine, Tremec TKO600, Custom Interior. Best of Show winner, Huntington Beach Cruise In 2018.

1967 Ford Mustang Coupe build thread updated 1/22/2021

Roadster Frame Dolly Plan

Post Thanks / Like
    Car rolled two times with a passenger with a single roll bar and both will be (eventually) ok? WOW.
    I was in a motorcycle wreck and had similar but worse injuries. I recovered and I pray they will as well.
    Mark
    Mk1, Frame #1929 Complete restoration/upgrade. BP 347 with Edelbrock PF4 439/420. 4 link with coilovers. 8.8 3.55, 15” Halibrand, New beefed up T5 w/short throw shifter, Power 4 wheel disc brakes, Custom original style steering wheel, shaft and boss, Heat/AC, Heated seats, PPW wipers w/washers, Forte’s throttle linkage, RT trunk hoop mod, Pusher cooling fans, full LED lighting, custom headrests, 5 point seat belts with sub pass through, Speedhut GPS gauges, battery drop box in trunk, LED courtesy lights, Breeze trunk cubby kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks be that there were no fatalities. Prayers to all involved.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jeez that is scary. Glad both occupants are okay albeit have a rough road ahead.
    Kyle

Complete Kit pickup 09/05/2015, 351w, QF680, 3.55, 3-Link, 15" Halibrands with MT's, Painted Viking blue with Wimbledon white stripes on 03/15/2017. Sold in 08/2018 and totally regret it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very happy to hear all party's involved are on the mend.
    they will stay in our thoughts here in PA
    The traveling Builder
    717-773-5624

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    While I'm sorry that they were injured, like everyone on this forum I'm thankful that there were no fatalities.
    We need to think of these cars as 4 Wheeled Hayabusa's because that is what they are.
    With that said, I'm setting my rev limiter down a couple of thousand.

Post Thanks / Like
    As much as I hate to hear of anyone being hurt in one of these or any car for that matter, it always gives me a moment to reflect on just what it is that we are or will soon be driving. The very first post at the top of the Roadster forum should be read and taken seriously by all of us.

https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...r-soon-to-be-s

My thoughts are with those hurt and their families.

Dave
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    We don't know what caused this yet. The driver is a safe driver and not one to hoon outside of a track environment which he has done more than a few times. I've ridden with him before I finished my car and have caravanned with him after and he's a solid driver. This is also his second Cobra with well over 400hp. The first was a CSX40XX. I also know that road very well and there had to be something extraordinary to cause that crash. It's a gentle curve in a 45mph speed limit area.

Mario