Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christina' s 35 Truck

Post Thanks / Like

Christina' s 35 Truck

So it finally arrived today after an extended wait on transport. A suprise gift for my wife who wanted her own truck. No idea on color yet because that's up to her.

2. Likes Schauby_16 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats
    CVOBill
    MK2 #???? Delivered 11/2002, Finished and Titled 6/2003 5.0, T-5, 4-Link, Sold 3/2005
    Hot Rod #304 purchased 5/28/2017 from original owner Unassembled . Titled and plated 8/24/2017 Coyote,
    TKO, 3-Link, Heat, A/C, Electric Power Steering, Convertible top
    MK4 #9524 Picked up 1/18/19 306 Blueprint, T-5, 4-Link, Gas-N Pipes, Heater

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    WOW!

Excellent! Hope to see your build thread soon! Updating your status.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds fun, Bill!

Can you give us some more info? Have you built other vehicles? Are you new here?
    Gen3 Coupe - SOLD Arrival: 6/21/18 SOLD: 4/12/2019
    Current Vehicle: 2014 SRT Viper (modded to the moon), 2022 TRX, 2014 RS6, E46 LS3 M3
    Current Projects: Superlite/RCR GTR ***FOR SALE***
    @madd_wrapps on IG or www.maddwrapps.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok Bill, Lets go with some pictures!

Lets see that LS installed!
    FFinisher/AKA RE63

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw what you wrote -- looks like a bunch of words about some kind of delivery.

You know, some pictures would clear up all the confusion!!

Congratulations on the delivery. Very cool that you are building it for your wife! I look forward to following along with your build.

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to Tony and all the crew at Factory Five for getting this to me. Thanks for the Beta manual. Thanks to Freddi for all the body panels. Thanks to Ron for all the advice I'll get between now and completion. Is two weeks enough time?
    I'm trying to figure out the pictures

Post Thanks / Like

Adding Pictures

Hey Bill! Two weeks...? Ambitious!

Pictures should be easy once on your computer, or with a USB connected to their source. Just click on the pic icon as below. Then select the tab "From Computer" and find the destination/folder they are in. Then hit "upload." Should be a breeze!

Happy to help if you have more questions! Can't wait to see progress on the build!

pictures.JPG
    Gen3 Coupe - SOLD Arrival: 6/21/18 SOLD: 4/12/2019
    Current Vehicle: 2014 SRT Viper (modded to the moon), 2022 TRX, 2014 RS6, E46 LS3 M3
    Current Projects: Superlite/RCR GTR ***FOR SALE***
    @madd_wrapps on IG or www.maddwrapps.com

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the instructions in the pictures. between homework for my wife and son, I never get near the computer. Foolishly, I've been trying to post from my phone. I'll try some low resolution pictures when I get home. I did manage to put a picture of my hand into an album

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BillGardner View Post
    ... I did manage to put a picture of my hand into an album
    Bill-

Not picking on you, but when I read that, I almost sent my drink through my nose onto my laptop!

I do look forward to seeing some pics, as I mentioned. I hope the hand morphs into some FFR pics!

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    spent most of the weekend getting the 33 Hot Rod prepped for another power tour, but did manage to get some of the parts painted for the truck and get one of the bed sides hanging. 20180528_155842.jpg20180528_155842.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    I posted a picture. twice somehow, but it's a start

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    you asked for it Ron. LS engine going in

Post Thanks / Like
    15276407483721609359182.jpg
    had to take a picture of the 33 sitting there. love the look without the headlights

17. Likes Schauby_16 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    a little dressed up 15276459197691696043574.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Right on looks cool!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BillGardner View Post
    spent most of the weekend getting the 33 Hot Rod prepped for another power tour, but did manage to get some of the parts painted for the truck and get one of the bed sides hanging. 20180528_155842.jpg20180528_155842.jpg
    Bring the 33 to the host hotel for the Nostalgia drags in BG KY while you are there. I would love to see it.

It's the hotel right out in front of the Muni airport where you gathered last year. We always have a good cruise night
    there from all the cars that come in for the NHRA hot rod re-union and Nostalgia drags.

Post Thanks / Like
    Been off on the power tour with the hot rod, and was happy to come home to a box of new aluminum panels from factory five. Had to get it sitting on the ground for the first time. low low

Post Thanks / Like
    fit firewall, grill, and grill surround this evening. too bad I can't seem to post pictures again

23. Thanks Sigurd thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to done guidance from Ron, I was able to get the drivers door hanging. spent quite a bit of time drilling and tapping the stainless hinges. make sure you have high quality drill bits and tap.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    I got pictures to work again! Ran out of patience on the door adjustment so I went on to the bed. Thanks for the advice on starting with the roll pan Eric. Still had to grind a little on the fuel tank mount so the roll pan would sit flush on the frame.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't help but use the bed as storage and a work bench. ststarting to look like a real truck

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like your wheel and tire set up. What size and offsets are you using?

I'll be needing wheels for my build shortly.

Post Thanks / Like
    The wheels and tires are the first set I purchased from factory five for my 33 hot rod. 17" front and 20" rear. They aren't my wife's favorites, so they probably won't be permanent. I may swap them with the ones on the hot rod now. 18"/20" black salt flat factory five wheels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Spent most of the weekend repairing my big truck so I didn't get much done. Sprayed a few dozen speed shapes with different colors so she could pick her favorite.
    Got the dash fit tonight. Finding the center of that oval for the gauge cutout was a challenge. measure 37 times and cut once. Then grind a little here and sand a little there. and hope its not too crooked

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Bill, did you have any guidelines on the bed install? I don't have all my hook-up parts yet, so wondering how you align the bed height and such. Are there some hidden markings somewhere? With no manual, it is a crap shoot. Don't have my alum. contents box yet, so only have bed floor and some piece that fits under the cab rear.

I am glad to see where that curved bottom tail piece fits. I was at a loss for where exactly it fits. Do you cut out the center section where the tailgate fits, or do you leave it there? and the tailgate is just cosmetic?

The questions will really start coming as we get further along.

Thanks, Ralph

Post Thanks / Like
    Here’s what I got from Tony at FFR, align the lower belt line on the cab and bed, leave a 1/2 reveal between cab and bed. Bed overlaps the cab flange. Here is a picture of the rear. There are spacers but if I spaced the sides out the gap between the sides and stainless bed was too large.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2008 FFR 5851 Copperhead Orange with ghost stripes by “the Bat”, Ford Racing 345 HP, Tremec 5 Speed
    2012 FFR 33 HR, won Best Use of Chrome Huntington Beach 2014; 345 HP AOD
    Deep Impact Blue
    2018 FFR 35 Pick Up, building, getting there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Marv, thanks for the bed fitment comment and the photo.
    Did your bed floor panel fit the frame structure on all sides? Mine seems to be a little wide up next to the cab. I am afraid the overhang will infringe on my bed panel sides sitting flush against the frame (without some trimming of the bed bottom).
    Keep up the good work.
    Ralph

Post Thanks / Like
    I lined up the lower body line at the cab and bed sides. Then I took a measurement of the bed side height above the bed floor. I kept that same measurement in the rear so the bed sides would be level. there will be a little more trial fitting and adjustment as I get the forward bulkhead to line up with the sides. I'll trim and modify as needed to make it work. I also made sure to put some flat aluminum pieces up between the cab and the frame to simulate the piece that goes there permanently. Then I lined up the body lines to fit the bed sides.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bill, thanks. Did you have the big piece of steel bed floor in when you aligned the sides. My bed floor seems about 1/2" wider than the frame up by the cab.
    Ralph

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah I had the stainless bed floor in place when I fit the sides. The bed floor stainless sits on top of the fiberglass lip from the cab. I set the lip on a piece of aluminum to take up the space that the final piece will need. I mounted the firewall, then the cab, then the bed floor, then the rear roll pan, then the bed sides.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bill, sorry to be so dense. My stainless bed floor is about 1/2" wider up by the cab than the underlying frame corners. Did you experience this? My concern is the bed sides need to rest up against the frame, do they not? My stainless bed floor sheet is 49 1/2" wide in front and back. My frame that the stainless bed sits on is 49" behind the cab, and 49 1/2" back by the tailgate. Is this normal? Or, do I have a slightly off frame?

I am surprised the rear cab fiberglass lip is to be under the stainless bed floor. Have you been calling FFR with your questions, or what is the source of your information when you have assembly questions.

Wonder what the timing is for the assembly manual?

Thanks, Ralph

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been checking with another builder with a completed truxk and going with what seems to work. I'll measure my bed and frame, but I doubt you have an issue with the frame. it may be that some type of spacer needs to be added, or the bed floor trimmed. I'll post what I find

Post Thanks / Like
    Bill, thanks for your help. I wondered about a spacer to move the bed side out some. Trimming the steel sheet does not appeal to me.

Ralph

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rponfick View Post
    Bill, thanks for your help. I wondered about a spacer to move the bed side out some. Trimming the steel sheet does not appeal to me.

Ralph
    You will need 1/4 inch spacers along the frame. The spacers will be behind the flange on the cab but still on the frame.

You should not need to trim the bed floor
    FFinisher/AKA RE63

Post Thanks / Like
    Spacers are with the bed mounting bolts, white nylon. 8 or 9 come in the bag.
    2008 FFR 5851 Copperhead Orange with ghost stripes by “the Bat”, Ford Racing 345 HP, Tremec 5 Speed
    2012 FFR 33 HR, won Best Use of Chrome Huntington Beach 2014; 345 HP AOD
    Deep Impact Blue
    2018 FFR 35 Pick Up, building, getting there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast