Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: IRS + Wilwood brakes e-brake cable

Post Thanks / Like

IRS + Wilwood brakes e-brake cable

I am doing a 33 Hot rod and have IRS + wildwood brakes. When routing the e-brake cable as per instructions they are coming up around 5-6" short. Is there a different cable for this application or should I be routing cables in different area, doesn't seam to be a better path, Cables I received are part # 14690 (48" for black cable housing).

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, it's a secret that isn't in the instructions - but FFR will disclose if you ask them: Route the cables under the diff, not over. The cables are then plenty long enough.
    Keith

Post Thanks / Like
    Great
    After reading instruction I just had it stuck in my head to go over top of the diff, I should have stepped back and then realized under makes sense. Or I could have just asked the wife to come and have a look, she would have set me straight

I see from other post you had the question re the stud on the e-brake hitting the Coil spring and now replied to not cut it off, looks so close when sitting up, did you get yours driving now and no problems? I will adjust arms out like mentioned on your post.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Sadly, I'm far from having the car on the road. Been doing too many other design mods and learning new skills to make any real progress in actually building the car. However, I had the fenders temporarily installed and the suspension raised to driving level last week while finalizing the wheel backspace measurements. There was no interference then and it doesn't look like this will be an issue.

Keith