Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Memorial Day

Post Thanks / Like

Memorial Day

Monday is Memorial Day, a day to remember those who have died defending our great country. Please take the time to reflect on the sacrifice of our fallen military men and women. Please do NOT wish our active or veteran military a "Happy Memorial Day". Those sentiments are most appropriate on Veteran's Day or any day other than Memorial Day. If you fly the flag on Memorial Day, please do so correctly by flying it at half-staff until noon, and then at full staff from noon until sunset.

God bless all those who have given their lives to allow the rest of us to enjoy our freedom and prosperity.
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Amen Papa, Amen!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well said and thanks for saying it.

Post Thanks / Like
    One of the great things about my employer is we have a standing policy.
    If we're out on the road, stop for a meal, and there's a member of our Military (active or retired) we are encouraged to pick up the tab for their meal - either anonymously or by announcement. We just submit the receipt on our expense report with "Pay it Forward" and there's no questions asked.

I recently did this in Wausau WI. I pulled their server aside, and told her to bring me their bill, and a blank register tape. On the blank I wrote "Thank You for your Service - A Grateful American". When the server delivered the "bill", the mans wife opened it and started crying. Best $50 I've ever spent.

Freedom is not Free.
    John D. - Minneapolis 'Burbs

1965 El Camino - LT-1, 4L60e, 4wh discs, SC&C susp.
    2013 F-150 Platinum - Twin Turbo 3.5
    2018 Mk4 Roadster w/ Coyote - #9365 - Build Thread Delivery 7/3/18, 1st Start 1/4/19, 1st Road Mile 5/5/19, Legal 6/18/19, In Paint 2/25/21, Done (?) 4/2021