Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: "Free" books!!

Post Thanks / Like

"Free" books!!

Hey everyone,

Some of you may remember me from many moons ago over on other forums and poking around here a bit. I built a MKII Roadster in 2002-03 and sold it in 2014. While I am still someone who's a huge fan of these cars, projects, and everything mechanical, I've also much enjoyed simplifying my life by purging projects and posessions. Things that I care about most have taken me longer to get rid of (like the Roadster).

My Dad was a great guy, and one of the many things he did to support hobbies of mine was to buy me plenty of books so that I could read and learn. Sometimes, he found a book he REALLY liked and got multiple copies so he could give them away someday to other folks who might like cars or Cobra replicas.

Anyhow, long story short, I have a pile of books now that just sit in a box and never get read. They remind me very much of my father, but it is time for them to go to another loving home.

Here's the list of what I've got:
    • Cobra 1st 40 years, Trevor Legate, 978-0-7603-2423-3 , 0-7603-2423-9
    • AC Ace and Cobra, 1-84155-301-8
    • Classic ACs, Auto Carrier to Cobra, John Mclellan, 0-7509-2042-4
    • The Kit Car Manual, Ian Ayre, 1-85960-962-7
    • 8x Shelby Cobra, The Shelby American Original Archives 1962-1965, Dave Friedman Foreward by Carroll Shelby (1994), 0-87938-757-2
    • American Car Engines, 100 Years of Great Car engines, Mike Mueller, 978-0-7603-2327-4 , 0-7603-2327-5
    • Haynes Great Cars, AC Cobra, The truth behind the Anglo-American Legend, 1-85960-849-3
    • Cobra, AC & Shelby-American 1962-1968, Beki Adam, 1-85532-648-5
    • Shelby Cobra, Gold Portfolio 1962-1969, 1-85520-023-6
    • AC Cobra, The Complete Story, Brian Laban, 1-86126-013-X
    • AC Heritage, From Three-Wheeler to Superblower, Simon Taylor and Peter Burn, 1-85532-875-5
    • Cobra Replicas, Ian Stent, 0-9545729-0-4
    • AC Ace and Cobra, 1-84155-301-8
    • Cobra, The Shelby American Original Archives 1962-1965, Dave Friedman (2004), 0-7603-1368-7
    • 2x Cool Classics, Cobra, Jay Schleifer, ex library books, like new, 0-89686-701-3
    • Cobras and Cobra Replicas, Gold Portfolio 1962-1989, 1-85520-088-0
    • The Complete Guide to Cobra Replicas 3rd Edition (from back when FFR used to send out VHS tapes)

IMG_4173.JPG

Most of these are new or like new. Some are from England and were never available in the states. It would be extremely difficult for me to sell them individually, or find a place to donate them to who would actually appreciate them, so here's the deal: they will go to the highest bidder on here, but that $$ will go to non-political non-religious charity of your choice. I will match up to $200 and will ship them to you using USPS media mail. You must promise that you are not going to sell them for profit and will give any away that you don't want to other folks who will appreciate them. This is something my Dad would have loved for these books.

Feel free to post a question here or send me a message if there's anything you want to know. Also feel free to cross-post to other forums that you think might have interested people...just let me know if you do this!

Thanks!!

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll send $200 to Dave Smith for "Team Jenny" if you'll match it and send the books to me.

Ray
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue

Post Thanks / Like
    Aaron-

What an exceptionally generous offer!! Some very nice books, and a real spirit of community in this plan of yours!

I can offer $225.00 with the money going to the Run to Honor Foundation http://www.runtohonor.com/home in honor of those Naval Academy graduates who have gone into harm's way and given their "last full measure of devotion" to this great Nation.

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    That's a great idea, your Dad would be proud. What is the bid due date/time?

Post Thanks / Like
    Aaron, what a great idea. I will offer $250.00. My charity of choice, and very personal to me right now, is the American Cancer Society--Lung Cancer Research.