Quote Originally Posted by edwardb View Post
I've had this exact lift installed and in use for a little under a year now. Very happy with it. Properly installed and properly used I believe it to be completely safe. This one is certified by Automotive Lift Institute, Inc. (ALI). Many are. But many are not. https://www.autolift.org/ali-directo...rtified-lifts/. For residential non-commercial use, maybe not the biggest issue. But I believe it's worth something. My impression after having two different 2-posts, and shopping and observing many others, is that BendPak is probably somewhere in the middle of the cost/quality spectrum. You can pay way more and for our purposes probably not gain a lot. You can also pay less. But I decided to go with a brand that's been around, has a good reputation, and parts should be available if needed. I highly recommend the clear floor (e.g. bridge at the top vs. the bottom) as it's super convenient not having the obstruction on the floor to work around plus drive over when loading/unloading. Not sure how much difference it makes since all are engineering accordingly, but I like the mechanical aspect of having the top of the towers tied together. For this lift, it's a very substantial piece (a little heavy and cumbersome to get up there and installed) so it's clearly structural. I installed the lift myself, so can't help with the cost of a professional. Three buddies came over and helped me stand up the towers and bolt on the bridge. Between the four or us, not bad at all. I took if from there and it wasn't too hard. The instructions are pretty good. Good luck and enjoy. Every day I use it I'm reminded how much easier and enjoyable it is doing these builds with a lift.
Thanks for the replies to my PM and to this post, Paul. I already know what I want to buy, but I need to ask the questions. I'd like to ask my wife if she did the same when buying her Lexus. Why wasn't the Hyundai adequate? Not knocking Hyundai, they make a nice product, but it isn't the same as a Lexus, right?

Dave