Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Hello from Western Canada

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from Western Canada

Hi all
    I've been on site several times reading lots of the post and watching builds. I have ordered a 33 Hot Rod and received it with build started. I will start a build thread and show my progress along with looking for help along the way.
    I am a woodworker and if its made of wood I can deal with it but for mechanics I am only self taught and learnt a lot from trial and error. I do have a bud who is a mechanic and he is taking on wood projects and renovations so we will probably go back and forth relying on each other.
    Unfortunately I was booked for the build school in early May and had to cancel due to family illness but rescheduled for early August, I will be moving on with the build for now as I can't sit still with it in the garage.rear end.JPG

2. Likes FF33rod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Bob.
    Where about in the lower mainland are you, I'm in North Vancouver.
    Just in the planning stages of my 33. Started following your build thread.
    What's your configuration? engine, transmission, brakes,.....

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Steve
    I am in Port Coquitlam
    Just ordered a 347 stroker from blueprint with a TKO 600
    I have the wilwood brake upgraded 12.88 disk front and back (got in on 1/2 price option sale)
    IRS
    Bicycle fenders
    Power windows
    Electric power steering assist
    hard top option

Working on figuring our wheels & tires now

Post Thanks / Like
    Good that they let you count the Wilwood on the sale. There are two things that I would buy right now if they were on sale but they never seem to include the Wilwood or the 33 Hot Rod soft top.

Sounds like you are going to have a great time with the Hot Rod.

Tim
    Tim Sapp
    Build Blog: http://hotrod.sapp-family.com/blog/

33 Hot Rod
    Delivered 5/31/2017

6. Thanks Bgardner thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats! Welcome to the forum. Roger

8. Thanks Bgardner thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bgardner View Post
    Steve
    I am in Port Coquitlam
    Just ordered a 347 stroker from blueprint with a TKO 600
    I have the wilwood brake upgraded 12.88 disk front and back (got in on 1/2 price option sale)
    IRS
    Bicycle fenders
    Power windows
    Electric power steering assist
    hard top option

Working on figuring our wheels & tires now
    Sounds excellent, very similar to what I was thinking in terms of features including IRS, bicycle fenders and power steering. Was thinking of doing both the roadster and hard top option. I was looking at Blueprint and then read some reviews that weren't that favourable - claiming part of the problem was lower quality off shore parts and difficult to get warranty claim done. Not sure whether to believe that or not, reviews on the internet can be questionable and there is always 2 sides. However, given the exchange and the likely high shipping costs I was starting to look local. Did you look into anyone else other than BP?

It will be great to have another local person to chat with! I have a buddy who built a Cobra years ago and is dabbling in this hobby quite a bit helping friends, so his help is available. He knows another guy that wants to build the 33 HR and is planning on attending the build school in November. So that should make 3 of us underway locally...

10. Thanks Bgardner thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF33rod View Post
    Sounds excellent, very similar to what I was thinking in terms of features including IRS, bicycle fenders and power steering. Was thinking of doing both the roadster and hard top option. I was looking at Blueprint and then read some reviews that weren't that favourable - claiming part of the problem was lower quality off shore parts and difficult to get warranty claim done. Not sure whether to believe that or not, reviews on the internet can be questionable and there is always 2 sides. However, given the exchange and the likely high shipping costs I was starting to look local. Did you look into anyone else other than BP?

It will be great to have another local person to chat with! I have a buddy who built a Cobra years ago and is dabbling in this hobby quite a bit helping friends, so his help is available. He knows another guy that wants to build the 33 HR and is planning on attending the build school in November. So that should make 3 of us underway locally...
    Great
    I did do some local checking on engines and found same results with reviews, good and bad. Finding that compatible (fit) is critical and was counting on FFR backing up blueprint with relationship they have. There are some space requirements and apparently blueprint has addressed them. For sure the exchange rate is a killer. I have met a friend of a friend who is doing a Cobra up in Kamloops and was privileged with going to see his build 1/2 done, it really got juices flowing.
    My progress will be slow for a bit as summer brings vacation along with added coverage at work for others on vacation. Off to build school in Aug and will let you know my feedback.

12. Likes FF33rod liked this post